Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How much do you Military press?

How much can you military lift?

• below 100lbs

Votes: 29 10.5%
  • 101-200lbs

Votes: 160 58.2%
  • 200-301lbs

Votes: 68 24.7%
  • 301-400lbs

Votes: 10 3.6%
  • 400-501

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm a god 501lbs and beyond

Votes: 7 2.5%

• Total voters
I'm working my way up, as it is the anchor 5x5 exercise for my shoulder workout.

Today I did 5x5 with 45 LBS dumbells (90 total) standing up and no cheating.

I saw a guy next to me doing them seated with a 95 lbs dumbell in each hand, but he was arching so much it was almost an incline press and he wasn't coming all the way back down to his shoulders.

So if you cheat a bit there's a lot of weight you can add.

Destroyer1986* said:
Ok, im doing 150 on the machine, should i do 150 on the bar(including the barbell) or is that too much?

Id start light to get used to the movement and to get in a few warm-up sets.
95 may even be heavy. The barbell is much different then the machines, but also much better. Just experiment and work your way up. Concentrate on keeping good form.

I don't like doing barbell military press cos its uncomfortable going in front and bad for the shoulders behind neck. Only do them when I powerclean and press (aka clean and jerk) 143 pounds for singles. And 50 pound dumbells for 12 reps.

for my 5x5 im at 165 for the seated. i also do seated dumbell presses. i use the 70's for sets of 8. my shoulders have gotten a lot thicker since i started using presses as my main motion for shoulders and started doing more compound movements.

Top Bottom