Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How much do you Military press?

How much can you military lift?

• below 100lbs

Votes: 29 10.5%
  • 101-200lbs

Votes: 160 58.2%
  • 200-301lbs

Votes: 68 24.7%
  • 301-400lbs

Votes: 10 3.6%
  • 400-501

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm a god 501lbs and beyond

Votes: 7 2.5%

• Total voters
My military press has always really sucked big time. I dont know why I have always had really WIDE shoulders.. but somehow I have never been able to military press or behind-neck press that much. I dont know what the problem is with my shoulder strength.

:D:D

hhmm, I dont actually use the barbell, I use a machine standing up with two seperate handles. Is that the same thing because im lifting about 155 on it. Should i switch over to barbell?

Destroyer1986* said:
hhmm, I dont actually use the barbell, I use a machine standing up with two seperate handles. Is that the same thing because im lifting about 155 on it. Should i switch over to barbell?

No, its quite different with a machine. A machine stabilizes the weight for you, and also puts the weight in an unnatural plane of motion. Id reccomend adding some freeweight presses in, along with some dumbell laterals to work the shoulders better.

Ive never done much barbell military work. I prefer the dumbells. My best was 100's for 10-12 I beleive, with some slight assistance at the bottom of the last few reps.

Phemomena said:
It's not much of a tail. But, I'm sorta attached to it...

that's one hell of a tail in the avatar :p

holy old thread is right. wow. nothing wrong with bringing it up i guess.

i put my vote in the 101-200 range. i do seated front as a 5x5 lift. this past tuesday i did 130lbs. i'll go to 135lbs this week, and i feel like i'll hit it w/out a problem, even though it's starting to get real hard. dunno what i could max at for a few reps, i'd say maybe 165 for 3. never tried more than what i did this past week, so it's like hitting a PR every week :D

Top Bottom