Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How much can you squat??

Eh, how much ya' squat

• Total voters
DaveTSI said:
as of yesterday

315kgs/694.5lbs @ 215lbs completely BURIED, looking back i should have gone 715-720ish but i seem to play it too safe sometimes

edit: heres the videos of my opener and 3rd
639 Opener

694 3rd

Freaking nice and deep!!!!

Open those knees up big man...but I'm sure you know that. It was toy weight for you!

coolcolj said:
I dunno, I don't squat low bar, but the closest I've come to a power squat is doing boxsquat with a high bar and it felt a lot easier to stand up with the barbell than a shoulder width stance olysquat :)

The wide stance reduces ROM a lot, I even had to move the safety pins on the power rack up 6 inches

I don't feel safe with a full OLY squat. And the heavier I go...the less depth I can get as it SEEMS my hams activate more and more.

Raw vs Raw...there isn't much of a difference between mine. Box, OLY, Pler squat...all fairly close (10% or less).

I'm making an attempt to squat low bar, but as low as I can go, shoulder width stance. See how it goes. So far it feems frigging hard to get the bar down there! It feels like it will fall off my back or something

But it does feel a lot easier with just 135lbs the last time i tried it, compared to high bar

so many different variations of squats .I can squat alot with legs pretty wide and weight shifted using my lower back and glutes to propell upwards basically a olyimpic squat. using pretty much the entire lower body

But for bodybuilding purposes , I keep legs shoulder width toes slightly out. back alighned weight on the back of my shoulder or sometimes infront on my upper chest with arms crossed around the bar and squat straight down below parell and up focusing on the quads and squeezing them on each rep , With like 225lbs for sets of 12-15.

To be honest I went the powerlifting route for awhile, heavy deads,bench press, squats.
Built decent bulk , but I am a redfiber guy I grow off reps in the 8-12 range and pumping blood into the muscle vs the 1-3 range just does not do it for me as well as the higher rep fiber stimulation.
Except forearms. I noticed doing heavy deads,squats and bp my forearms blow up using the heavier weight

coolcolj said:
I'm making an attempt to squat low bar, but as low as I can go, shoulder width stance. See how it goes. So far it feems frigging hard to get the bar down there! It feels like it will fall off my back or something

But it does feel a lot easier with just 135lbs the last time i tried it, compared to high bar

My bar position is higher than it once was...just feels more comfortable "mid placement" compared to super low or super high.

b fold the truth said:
Freaking nice and deep!!!!

Open those knees up big man...but I'm sure you know that. It was toy weight for you!

thanks b, it did feel great on my back, i had alot more in me though like you said. i know my knees look "in" for such a wide stance, but they were pushed out. not compared to the monolift double ply guys, but wide and out for me.

DaveTSI said:
thanks b, it did feel great on my back, i had alot more in me though like you said. i know my knees look "in" for such a wide stance, but they were pushed out. not compared to the monolift double ply guys, but wide and out for me.

I've decided, I want to be like you.

Top Bottom