Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How much can you squat??

Eh, how much ya' squat

• Total voters
coolcolj said:
I'm willing to bet most of the people here don't squat full depth - rock bottom.. ;)
And bar position on the back makes big difference to how much weight you can handle. Low bar = more weight

And once a week is enough, it is for me

I squat until my nuts slap the ground. As far as weight goes I am not entirely sure as I usually just have your mother stand in front of me with her tits out and I grip-em and squat those mofo's. All I know is, is that my legs are so blown out from 3 sets of just 1 rep each that I have to use an amigo afterward just to get around.
:lil k:

coolcolj said:
I'm willing to bet most of the people here don't squat full depth - rock bottom.. ;)
And bar position on the back makes big difference to how much weight you can handle. Low bar = more weight

And once a week is enough, it is for me

So...what is the difference between your OLY Squat and your PL Squat?

as of yesterday

315kgs/694.5lbs @ 215lbs completely BURIED, looking back i should have gone 715-720ish but i seem to play it too safe sometimes

edit: heres the videos of my opener and 3rd
639 Opener

694 3rd

Last edited:
b fold the truth said:
So...what is the difference between your OLY Squat and your PL Squat?

I dunno, I don't squat low bar, but the closest I've come to a power squat is doing boxsquat with a high bar and it felt a lot easier to stand up with the barbell than a shoulder width stance olysquat :)

The wide stance reduces ROM a lot, I even had to move the safety pins on the power rack up 6 inches

Alan Barch Jr - the guy with the 47-49 inch standing vertical jump
has 740lb raw power squat and a 620lb beltless full oly squat at 5'9" 210lbs 6-8% bodyfat

So that should show the difference between the 2 lifts

DaveTSI said:
as of yesterday

315kgs/694.5lbs @ 215lbs completely BURIED, looking back i should have gone 715-720ish but i seem to play it too safe sometimes

edit: heres the videos of my opener and 3rd
639 Opener

694 3rd
I can do 500 lbs, ass to ankles for 3 reps, dont know what the max is thou. Im guessing around 575 lbs. Im about 180 lbs now.

Powerbuilder333 said:
Nice. What federation?

i rather not say. but its single ply, untested

Strongbow said:
I can do 500 lbs, ass to ankles for 3 reps, dont know what the max is thou. Im guessing around 575 lbs. Im about 180 lbs now.

thats a great squat for 180lbs. id say more realistically your max is around 550, which is still over triple bodyweight, sick. with what, a belt and wraps? got a video of it?

DaveTSI said:
thats a great squat for 180lbs. id say more realistically your max is around 550, which is still over triple bodyweight, sick. with what, a belt and wraps? got a video of it?
Just a belt, no wraps and I do have a video on my phone, but cant get the damn thing to go to my email. Il keep trying, I got several lifts on video, but there all on my damn phone. I have recently done 585 parallel to a bench for reps, but my knees aint in the best shape from my baseball days, have been reluctant to try to full squat that weight.

Top Bottom