Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How many push ups + pull ups can you do?

Scotsman said:
I saw a martial arts show where this old buy (like 60yo) cranked out 100 in a minute, it was fucking impressive.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Wow!

I can't even wrap my mind around that.

I do 3 sets of 30 pushups and i'm not so sure they are strict. I do keep my hands in close about shoulder width apart. Never tried pullups but I'm sure I would suck at them

stilleto said:
i go down until my upper arms are parallel to the floor. its bench pressing that gives me the advantage.

BTW, in 20+ yrs in the Army I've never known a woman to do 50 pushups.

Longhorn85 said:

go to any super PC TRADOC post. all of the girls there will be busting out 100+ pushups, because everything counts as a pushup there.

walk up and observe when they are taking a pt test. you'll see what i mean.

jd_uk said:
Can you elaborate on what a pt test is? What's the max?

What you described sounds like hell anyway! I do mine after a 12 hour day at work when i'm exhausted but wouldn't enjoy it on an empty stomach early in the morning.

bump for Poink.

p0ink said:
go to any super PC TRADOC post. all of the girls there will be busting out 100+ pushups, because everything counts as a pushup there.

walk up and observe when they are taking a pt test. you'll see what i mean.

you're bitter

jd_uk said:
bump for Poink.

a pt test is a physical fitness test. in the army it's called an APFT (Army Physical Fitness Test).

for us it consists of max pushups and max situps in a 2 minute time period for each.

during the pushup event, you cannot rest on your stomach or lift a hand or foot off of the ground. if you do either, the event will be stopped right there. the only authorized rest position is that similar to an upside down V.

same shit goes for situps. max number in 2 minutes with your fingers interlocked behind your head. you cannot rest on your back, either. the only authorized rest position is at the upwards portion of the situp.

you cannot unlock your fingers, rest on the ground, pull yourself up, etc; doing so will result in the event being cancelled.

then it is a 2 mile timed run. the only rules here are you cannot leave the track and you cant have anyone pulling or carrying you.

that is the basics.

depending on your unit, they will have stricter guidelines as to what counts as a pushup. some units will not let you use a watch on your run, so you cant pace yourself that way, either.

Longhorn85 said:

whats your mos? I never saw them do it either, but I was an 11mike so there weren't too many woman around.

Top Bottom