Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How many of those believe that incline presses & incline work are important?

casualbb said:
So declines aren't really that necessary. I mean if your sternal pec is chronically overdeveloped relative to the clavicular, sure go for it. But there are a good deal of people, myself included, who have good upper chest despite only flat work.

I meant to say inclines, d'oh

the other important thing missing from this thread for a newb is to not get carried away reading this and go and do 5 sets of flat followed by 5 sets of inlcines followed by declines followed cable flyes followed by pec deck..

unless your walkingbeast who is just that a beast lol..i dont recco his routine for everyone yet i dont criticize him because its obvious what he does works for him..

like most said you have to find what works for you..try prioritizing inclines for a few months..check your growth then when you seem to plateau on inlcines switch it up and prioritize flats

for several months:
flat then incline.

couple of months later:
incline then flat.

Mix and match and you will develop.

cwick0 said:
for several months:
flat then incline.

couple of months later:
incline then flat.

Mix and match and you will develop.
yeah i just switched from 5x5 on flat and 2-3 sets on incline to 2-3 sets on flat 5x5 incline

Incline cant work your upper chest since it doesnt exist... but the difference may be in the other muscles worked along with the chest. So maybe incline works those "chest lifting" muscles that the flat bench doesnt (pure guess)?

i like them, they do make my delts stronger. i do know one guy that only does flat bench, 10x10 mon and thurs, real thick and really strong with a well developed chest. thats one in a million though... hes also 55, so maybe it just came with time.. who knows

harhar said:
Incline cant work your upper chest since it doesnt exist... but the difference may be in the other muscles worked along with the chest. So maybe incline works those "chest lifting" muscles that the flat bench doesnt (pure guess)?

Dunno if its true but sounds like a good guess, I'm with you on this. Apart from working out the chest and shoulders, incline may be working out other small muscles and connections around the upper chest area making the upper chest bigger than regular flat bench. Makes sense, may or may not be true.

TC2 said:
What do you guys think is the best angle..45..35 degrees?? For inclines??
For me its 30 and I bring the bar down to the highest part of my chest where it almost touches my chin on the descent.

TC2 said:
What do you guys think is the best angle..45..35 degrees?? For inclines??

30-40 degrees, most incline benches are way too steep so I put a few plates under a regular bench to create my own angle, and use dumbells

Top Bottom