Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How many of those believe that incline presses & incline work are important?

How about tossing this out there....

The pec muscle is 1 muscle...not 3 nor 4. So hitting outer chest vs inner chest vs upper/lower chest...realistically it shouldn't make a difference. Your pec muscle either contracts or it doesnt. The way the muscle grows depends on genetics...so if you think you are lacking a "lower chest" then thank genetics...dont blame lack of "decline presses". Although flat bench seems to be the gym favorite...IMO its more of a "show off" exercise...who can do more. You always hear the term "so what do you bench". I feel as long you are contracting your pecs and working the muscle to the limit...it will grow regardless. After that, eat...sleep, rest..and let genetics take command. :)

P.S. My vote goes to Incline press as its the only chest exercise that seems to hit me hard everytime...

Feel free to argue away if you think its horeshit what I am saying... :)

IRL

The pec muscle is 1 muscle...not 3 nor 4. So hitting outer chest vs inner chest vs upper/lower chest...realistically it shouldn't make a difference. Your pec muscle either contracts or it doesnt. The way the muscle grows depends on genetics...so if you think you are lacking a "lower chest" then thank genetics...dont blame lack of "decline presses". Although flat bench seems to be the gym favorite...IMO its more of a "show off" exercise...who can do more. You always hear the term "so what do you bench". I feel as long you are contracting your pecs and working the muscle to the limit...it will grow regardless. After that, eat...sleep, rest..and let genetics take command.

I will say this, until a couple of weeks ago, I haven't performed decline presses in at least 4-6 months.

I was starting to find that my "lower area" of the pectoral muscles was lagging.

After just a few weeks of decline bench, this lagging has ceased & my lower region has started filling out much better.

Just like a few months ago my outer chest was lagging as I had neglected dips for a long, long, time & within a few weeks guess what?

My outer chest began to fill out much better & stronger for that matter.

I'm using a 45 & 35lber hanging from me for several reps easy for chest dips.

I love dips & incline presses personally.

IRL said:
The pec muscle is 1 muscle...
Techniquely its two muscles sharing a common insertion point at the shoulder but whose counting anyway :) But the point you are making about declines and dips and inner, outer and lower pecs is on the money.

Davd949

Techniquely its two muscles sharing a common insertion point at the shoulder but whose counting anyway But the point you are making about declines and dips and inner, outer and lower pecs is on the money.

Well all I can say is I dare you to say this on this other site.

They would chew you up & spit you out.

But I don't agree with what a few of the nimrod's say.

IRL said:
How about tossing this out there....

The pec muscle is 1 muscle...not 3 nor 4. So hitting outer chest vs inner chest vs upper/lower chest...realistically it shouldn't make a difference. Your pec muscle either contracts or it doesnt. The way the muscle grows depends on genetics...so if you think you are lacking a "lower chest" then thank genetics...dont blame lack of "decline presses". Although flat bench seems to be the gym favorite...IMO its more of a "show off" exercise...who can do more. You always hear the term "so what do you bench". I feel as long you are contracting your pecs and working the muscle to the limit...it will grow regardless. After that, eat...sleep, rest..and let genetics take command. :)

P.S. My vote goes to Incline press as its the only chest exercise that seems to hit me hard everytime...

Feel free to argue away if you think its horeshit what I am saying... :)
Dude, you are an idiot. The way muscle grows depends on genetics? WTF The way muscle grows depends on how you train it, try doing bench only and see if your upper chest will develope. It wont. You obviously dont know what the fuck you're talking about so dont comment, you're probably still in high school.

Johnnny said:
Davd949 Well all I can say is I dare you to say this on this other site.They would chew you up & spit you out.But I don't agree with what a few of the nimrod's say.
They have and are entitled to their opinions just as I have mine. I base mine on muscle physiology and personal experience. I am assuming you are referring to the fact that I do not believe that declines or dips "works" the so called "lower" pecs just as flys and pec decks supposedly works the so called "inner" pecs. I would love to see these peeps (nimrods as you say) from this so called "other" site flex (just) their lower pecs while the rest of the pec is relaxed or flex (just) their inner pec while the rest of the pec remain relaxed...................

Karma for you warning me about these nimrods bro :)

yomama said:
Dude, you are an idiot. The way muscle grows depends on genetics? WTF The way muscle grows depends on how you train it, try doing bench only and see if your upper chest will develope. It wont. You obviously dont know what the fuck you're talking about so dont comment, you're probably still in high school.

Wow, easy there...

First off, High School?? Sorry, I really hope this site isnt based on idiots like yourself...as I find it very helpfull and overall good quality, except for you that is.

To clear things up..actually I am 29...started training 10 years ago.

I could really care less what your opinion is on the pectorial muscle. It is a single muscle (I know Dave949...2 but for this post...you get the point). Genetically you can only achieve so much in regards to growing a muscle. If you donot realize that a muscle either contracts or it doesnt...then I am wasting my time even responding to your post. Flat bench or Incline...both work the EXACT SAME MUSCLE. Please find and post a picture of the pec...and show me the "upper chest"...I would love to see this muscle that you think you are training so hard to build your "upper chest".

It wouldnt hurt for you to learn a little something here and there and not think you "know it all".

yomama said:

I decided to do your homework for you..please point out this upper chest muscle I am missing??

http://www.fitstep.com/Advanced/Anatomy/Chest.htm

yomama said:
The way muscle grows depends on how you train it,
Not entirely true bro. Just because one does concentration curls does not guarantee one will have a knarly peak on the bicep. Just because one does decline benches does not guarantee one will have a well developed lower chest. I believe what the man is saying is that any of these exercises will make your muscle larger.... BUT the shape of your muscle will be dependent on your genetics. You can make a muscle bigger and you can improve your appearance but you cannot change the genetic shape of your muscle. If you have a flat bicep you can do concentration curls until your blue in the face and you will still have a flat bicep. It will definetly get bigger but it will also still be peakless. Unfortunate but true.

Top Bottom