Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How many of those believe that incline presses & incline work are important?

here's the skinny.

You can work sternal pec and clavicular pec to different degrees. However, flat bench activates both maximally. Switching to incline doesn't emphasize the upper, it just disengages the lower, because one of the functions of pec major is bring the arms down and in (that's how chest dips work).

So declines aren't really that necessary. I mean if your sternal pec is chronically overdeveloped relative to the clavicular, sure go for it. But there are a good deal of people, myself included, who have good upper chest despite only flat work.

There are NO certainties in this game. None.

Do what works for you...and don't argue with what works for others.

I have friends who only do flat bench...and they have a huge complete chest. I have friends that only do inclines who have a big complete chest. Both are probably rare...but do exist.

Do both...both are good exercises.

B True

I will always have inclines in my routine. Ill just leave it at that. I do both flat and inclines on thier own days.

Yomama- No need for flaming. Lets keep this a discussion forum and leave out the name calling.

personally I have never seen someone with a competitive level physique, that had a well balanced upper chest, that did not do incline work. On the contrary, I have seen many that only do flat work, that have a saggy chest with no upper pecs. The same goes for me, in 15 years of bodybuilder, I have experimented every which way. For years I had an aweful looking chest, all lower. When I finally started doing incline work, it balanced out and is now one of my best bodyparts

needsize said:
personally I have never seen someone with a competitive level physique, that had a well balanced upper chest, that did not do incline work. On the contrary, I have seen many that only do flat work, that have a saggy chest with no upper pecs. The same goes for me, in 15 years of bodybuilder, I have experimented every which way. For years I had an aweful looking chest, all lower. When I finally started doing incline work, it balanced out and is now one of my best bodyparts

Damn bro 15 yrs!..................When I think about it ultimately that is my biggest down fall, I started to late. I started liftin at 22 I weighed 150 lbs, Im now 27 and weigh 265 @ 11 % so Ive only got five years invested and have a long way to go.

Back to the topic at hand,
I completly agree that you must incorperate incline work for a more complete looking chest. I think it comes down to body machanics also.

BIGDHO said:
Damn bro 15 yrs!..................When I think about it ultimately that is my biggest down fall, I started to late. I started liftin at 22 I weighed 150 lbs, Im now 27 and weigh 265 @ 11 % so Ive only got five years invested and have a long way to go.

Back to the topic at hand,
I completly agree that you must incorperate incline work for a more complete looking chest. I think it comes down to body machanics also.

youre doing pretty damn good considering. I started at a tiny 125lbs, and have a brutal time gaining mass, so I wish I had more to show for 15 years, but 5'8" 250lbs at 10% is getting there

needsize said:
youre doing pretty damn good considering. I started at a tiny 125lbs, and have a brutal time gaining mass, so I wish I had more to show for 15 years, but 5'8" 250lbs at 10% is getting there

Id say your getting there LOL. How much more lean mass do you need to reach your goals?

Top Bottom