Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How can I reach my goals?

vin01

Hi.
I need help. I plan to max out on the 'big 3' in 2 1/2 weeks. I don't want to fall short of my goals.

Quick background:
In March, maxes were: bench:255, squat:285, deadlift:365
At this time, I was doing a "body part once a week" split

Since March, I have went from 175 to 190lbs in bodyweight, lifting hardcore using a modified HST routine, and eating monsterously. I'd have to say my gains were 75% muscle. My strength went up immensely (I think): I can now bench 255x3, 275x1, can squat 315x5, and have D/Led 385. (I have stopped training the deadlift as a routine exercise)

I am going to max out again on Sept 14, kind of as a personal achievement type thing.
I set my goals as bench:300, squat:350, d/l:405

Seeing how I have progressed- does anybody feel I have a chance?
Not that I am pessimistic, but realistically, could I do it?

Does anybody have a loading/preparatory workout routine or system that I could follow to make my attempts in 2 1/2 weeks the best they can be? I don't want to continue using HST for this time, I was thinking doing a 3x3...

Any help or advice is welcome!
Thanks for your support! (hopefully)

:chomp: :chomp:

i guess your bench is 270 or so by those rep ranges i personally would throw in a few doubles and single reps as close to your pb as poss on the bench to encourage explosive strength increase in shortest space of time followed by a couple of higher rep sets to finish, giving the benefits of both rep ranges. i think you will be surprised just how easy you will increase your strength by using these . always apply good form and never lift heavy without a spotter.300 is there for the taking ,so go get it.

thanks guys for your help

i'm gonna incorporate a lot of double /single sets

and also some rack lockouts on the bench and deads.

thanks for the links! k to you guys

Top Bottom