Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hong Kong is kind of a shithole

This was the Hong Kong that I experienced...Hardly a shithole. There's shitty areas, sure. And the language barrier can be a hassle in some areas. But there's beauty to be found in that city.

Great pics Nef, don't get me wrong I'm sure there is a lot of beauty, but it didn't take long to find the shit holes too. The Mandarin is one of the nicest hotels in all of Asia, there were Rolls Royce's, Bentleys, Ferrari's etc all right out front of the hotel. Walking behind the hotel to LKF and even in and around LKF, it was pretty shitty and dirty. The language barrier I think was a major issue for me and made it very unpleasant for the most part and I was in the financial district where I would expect a strong English speaking presence.

Outside of a business trip I wouldn't go back to Hong Kong for anything.

AND the British Airways lounges took out all their Walkers shortbread cookies. The coconut orange was my favorite. I'm fucking pacing I'm so mad at these bloody cunts.

Great pics Nef, don't get me wrong I'm sure there is a lot of beauty, but it didn't take long to find the shit holes too. The Mandarin is one of the nicest hotels in all of Asia, there were Rolls Royce's, Bentleys, Ferrari's etc all right out front of the hotel. Walking behind the hotel to LKF and even in and around LKF, it was pretty shitty and dirty. The language barrier I think was a major issue for me and made it very unpleasant for the most part and I was in the financial district where I would expect a strong English speaking presence.

Outside of a business trip I wouldn't go back to Hong Kong for anything.

Well, I assume you stayed mostly in the city area...where I stayed mostly outside of it. If I remember right, the mandarin is in kowloon? I only went there briefly to visit the rooftop bar of the ritz, otherwise I ventured to other islands or less populated areas of HK island.

I love mandarin oriental hotels...they are not just in asia. I used to get spa treatments at one in washington DC.

I understand the language issue...but there are work arounds for that too. I never had an issue there, as I always had all my needs written out in cantonese and mandarin any time I left my hotel. I found that the 50+ crowd knew little english, but the -35 crowd were well versed in it. I don't know. I found HK to be pretty foreigner friendly. Maybe it was the cute female thing going for me, but I just didn't hit the walls you apparently did.

did you setup your hongkongcupid.com profile before you went? Or did you just do the walk ups? Wan Chai? Get the lingam massage at the hotel spa?

Seriously though, how were the hookers?

did you setup your hongkongcupid.com profile before you went? Or did you just do the walk ups? Wan Chai? Get the lingam massage at the hotel spa?

Seriously though, how were the hookers?

Honestly didn't see any and Bar M at the top of the Mandarin was supposed to be a hotbed for them.

Top Bottom