Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Holy FUCKING SHIT! I *HATE* nutritionsists

Anyone ever heard of a book called, "The sugar addicts guide to recovery?"

I have a serious sweet tooth & hard time resisting - a friend bought me the book as a gift. I read it, got on the Yahoo Discussion group moderated by this Kathleen DesMaisons.

I questioned some things, mainly
"Eat 3 meals a day & don't snack"
"Don't bother to count calories" (But do count protein grams).

I questioned her & was nice about it - stating my existing knowledge, etc. She basically came on & said "We aren't going to discussion the merits of the reccomendations"

When I poined this out as absurd, saying basically, 'Isn't this an open internet discussion list?"
SHE KICKED ME OFF!

People who won't debate have some serious issues.

fonz, keep up the good work! hopefully that bitch won't ban you because you may make other members realize what a stupid cunt she really is:D

Crumb, awesome fucking post. hahahaha

"Debra, this is off the Topic but if Richard Simmons was single, and you were a Man, would you have Sex with him?
Like I said, I know it's off the topic, but I'm just curious.

Bye sweetie."

-Crumbcake

you don't want a high protein diet, unless you are invincible....I can't tell you how many young male clients I have seen via Doctor recommendation and/or in the hospital because they have screwed up their kidneys, given themselves gout, and/or have hypercholemia because of this 'high' protein diet.

I think she cut a little bit too much history class, or else she would be aware of the fact that early civilizations survived almost entirely on protein and whatever vegetables they could find. Um, did the cave men have screwed up kidneys, gout, or any of that shit? lol. Nutrition majors at my school are the same way, they don't know jack shit.

A much safer way to diet is to just reduce the calories slightly - little by little. You can't go from say 2,000 calories to 1,200 calories in a few days, it will screw up your body. The body needs time to adjust to changes. It is the same with cutting carbs - do it all at once & you are in trouble.

Are these people for real!!!??? Hello, moron, working out builds muscle. More muscle burns and therefore requires more calories. Cutting calories like that and not worrying about what you are eating specifically leads to slower metabolism...and besides, don't most normal people eat 2,000 calories/day? I know I do, carbs or no carbs.

PowerPuff, you're right on the money with the cave man stuff.

Also, in ancient Egypt they were pretty much hunting/gathering (mean/veggies/fruits). Once agriculture/irrigation (starchy carbs, rice, wheat) became the main staple of their diets, Heart disease shot uP.

Gladiola said:

I questioned her & was nice about it - stating my existing knowledge, etc. She basically came on & said "We aren't going to discussion the merits of the reccomendations"

When I poined this out as absurd, saying basically, 'Isn't this an open internet discussion list?"
SHE KICKED ME OFF!

People who won't debate have some serious issues.

deb banned you???

Top Bottom