Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

help with diet

blaze

k im gonna try this keto diet again, this time i got some flax oil but im having probs trying to increase my caloric intake. here's what i got so far:

meal 1- 2 eggs + 1 tbsp flax oil
meal 2- homemade chicken salad with light ranch dressing (5g of carbs in dressing though, bad?)
meal 3- 2 slices smoked turkey + 1 tbsp flax oil
meal 4- 8oz. chicken breast
meal 5- tuna fish w/ mayo + 1tbsp flax oil

aight well this comes out to be only like 1100 calories, im gonna need atleast 2000. i was thinking maybe i should add some protein whey in there or something, guess i gotta go back to gnc to pick some up if that's what i should do. anyone got any suggestions?

oh btw, im 185lbs, 18yrs old, and 5'10

Meal 1 Add 2-3 egg whites and some bacon, ham or sasg.
Meal 2 Add more chicken, go with full strength ranch it has only 1 gr. carb. or Italian usually 2 gr. carbs and you get more unsaturated fat.
Meal 3 Add some chedder cheese and real mayo.
Meal 4 Add a salad and/or more chicken
Meal 5 Throw a couple of boiled egg whites in the mix.
Meal 6 Protein shake and flax.

This should bump you up to where you need to be. On any diet to much saturated fat is not good; however, on a keto diet you can afford more than most other diets. So don't be scared to eat some bacon or unsweetened sausage.
:cool:

The amazing Rudee will now predict your future....

The initial week to ten days will result in rapid water loss from the body, causing an initial weight loss upwards of 10 pounds the first 10 days. Soon your liver and muscles will be depleted of glycogen, mucles will go flat, and your body will look for another source of fuel. As the body realizes it's experiencing famine, it down-regulates metabolism to match caloric intake.

Quickly protein is used for fuel in absense of sufficient calories, muscle mass is lost, and metabolism once again is down-regulated to compensate. Energy and brain activity will slow, you will look like a smaller version of your fatter self (no offence) and you will be convinced you need more cardio to burn off the fat. The additional cardio further puts you in the catabolic state, further muscle is wasted for energy, once again metabolism is down-regulated and your even worse off. You'll soon get discouraged at your results, and flock to the messageboards in search of advise as to why your fatloss stopped. Misinformed individuals will say "up your cardio!" Smart individuals will say UP YOUR DAMN CALORIES!!!!!!

Bottom line: ketogenic/low carb diets work, but too few calories are the #1 cause of poor results.

Your current meal plan will work, assuming you lie in bed all day and do absolutely nothing. If you as much as look at a weight or expend energy via any other means, your going to throw your body into a catabolic state very fast. If you're crazy enough to work out over an hour/day with additional aerobics on that diet of 1200 calories, then kiss you muscle goodbye. And when you resume normal eating, your metabolic setpoint will now be lower, making future fatloss even more difficult. Ever heard of "yo-yo" dieting? If you're weight lifting, add an additional 800cals/day minimum., preferably in the form of fat/protein for ketogenic diets.

Last edited:
yea and taht's why im asking you guys for help about what i should add to this diet to increase teh amount of calories...never said i was actually gonna try going 1200 calories a day...that's nuts...i wanna go like 12 calories per pound which is about 2220 calories.

Phhew, I'm glad! Anyway, add additional calories via high fat/high protein snacks. A couple of tablespoons of natural peanutbutter works good. How about protein pudding? Mix a serving of whey protein, with a packet of artificial zero carb sweetner, and about 4 tablespoons of whipping cream. An excellent high calorie/high protein/high fat snack. One of my favorite snacks is smearing chicken breast with cream cheese, adding some bacon on top, and broiling them in the oven until done. Mm Mm good. How about some fried ground beef with bacon or cheese added? Pork Rinds? chicken, steak, porkchops? Anyway, I figure you should at least give whipping cream a try. It's a excellent source of additional calories in the form of fat and protein with zero carb.

I can literally get shredded in 6 weeks on steak, eggs, whipping cream, bacon, eggs, and whey protein, and flax oil/corn oil. Give it a try.

thanks for the help, only i dont eat pork. also, should i get the protein whey or is it not necessary?

Top Bottom