Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help for my 13 year old daughter

getnfit06

Hi guys I am on and off this board frequently and know you guys are very informed on these matters so I came here first.
My daughter is 13 almost 14 and 5'3 and low 90's in weight. She is not atheletic but is just starting track. She's not muscular and verrrrrrrrrrrrry lean. In fact she's gets alot of cracks about how thin she is and that she must be anorexic. Which she doesn't look anorexic to me but i'm her mommy so. Anyways I would like to help her with some weight gain and since she's running alot she needs more cals. She doesn't eat much and is very picky. I realize she needs to up her cals to compensate for all the cardio she's doing now.
I have whey protein powder that i get at walmart that has no sugar and is low carb, but for her i thought a different kind would be better since she's needing to gain.
If someone can tell me a kind (preferable something i can just pick up and not internet) to get her but it will have to taste EXCELLENT or else she wont drink it.
ALso I would LOVE some recipes if anyone has a yummy one. I don't intend on just giving it to her straight.
Thanks so much!
cheryl :)

I know they make some types of protein mixes that are specifically designed for cooking/baking as in making pancakes. From what I remember they tasted pretty good.

Just another alternative.

Also to make the smoothies taste better make them with frozen berries and cottage cheese, perhaps some honey. Trust me when I tell you YUM!

Basic_wonder said:
get a blender and make milk shakes every night, its how I put on weight when I was very skinny ....

Defo, it is one of my favs, whey blended with ice and a bit of yogurt or soya yogurt or soya milk.

This is AWESOME:

Frozen banana

Frozen strawberries

Vanilla whey

Natural yogurt/milk

BLEND

Another yummy combo

Frozen blueberries

Cinnamon

Vanilla whey

Bit of water or milk

BLEND

The frozen berries etc, give a much nicer thicker consistency to the shake, so it is like a milk shake.

getnfit06 said:
where can i find these?

Goodness I am trying to remember the name of the supplement company. They had their manufacturing facility in the town where I was born. LOL They aren't a small outfit either. I just can't remember the name. I gott do some research.

thanks basicwonder and tatyana I will def try that. I made her one the other day with strawberries and vanilla whey , milk she wasn't too crazy about it.... go figure. Gonna try it with the bananas, maybe even a banana and pnt btr one. MMMM!! wish i needed to gain instead of lose :( lol
If she doesn't like it i guess i'll have to force feed.haha

I'd be hauling my cooler on wheels to the track; making sure she's getting some solid fuel 'tween all track meets too. Hey, you can at last offer it.

My lil one is in sports. I'm either at a soccer field or ball diamond in the spring and summer. I always have my cooler on wheels so she can fuel up with protein and carbs 'tween games(just enough to give her more spark and NOT make her sluggish slow) Actually, it seems all the girls like it when I show up with pasta salads, fruits, nuts and slices of turkey/chicken to nibble on.( I always ask the mom's to make sure no one has allergery issues). I love it when they select the healthy foods rather than go find those nasty vendors selling greasy fries and crap food.

Sorry, just typing aloud. :)

Top Bottom