Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help a skinny ass indian!

ark94

Alright everybody, here are my stats.
Age – 16
Weight – 160lb.
BF – Approx. 14-16%
Height – 5”11
Goal – 200+lbs.
Video of me - YouTube - Military Press (may 28th) - form check.wmv

My main question is - Do i really have to follow a meal plan when trying to get bigger? I am only 16, and i find out one of my cousins does this. He said not to follow anything, don't worry about what your getting in, only the protein. Just make sure to be eating like a horse, because i am still young. When you get older, it is key and beneficial to follow something, but right now i look like i have never been fed, so i have to eat anything and everything i can.

insight on that?

Last edited:
fuk man, ur not gonna get many replies asking so much questions at once since most people cbf

try editing ur post n making a smaller question, and when its ansered ask some more in another thread

im not trying to sound rude, just trying to help you out and get more replies and help

my bad, i just wanted to get it posted. I edited it, and after work i will come back and ask a little more questions. Not as many as before, i will actually look at them and see if they make sense.

I thought this was a thread about jackangel

no idea at all what that was about lol

lol

This is going to be lost on everyone in this forum....

Ark, I got to step out for a little while, but I'll pop back in here later and try to help you out :)

Alright thanks southern, reason i am taking the approach to what my cousin said was because he doesn't normally suggest that to anybody. seeing me he says to eat anything, it won't hurt. Plus, a guy at the gym if you see my videos,in the red shirt tells me the exact same thing. He would never suggest it to anybody else, but to me it would help greatly.

I think they have a point, i know not to eat like shitty as burgers, like processed hams, or hamburgers that come in the box frozen that are loaded with fat. I would eat still the lean ground meats, and the salmon, tuna, etc but just a lot of it.

When i eat, if that is the approach i am going to take, only thing i am going to follow is say before a workout, i am suppose to have a certain type of carb, and natural sugars from fruits. Then post workout i would have something that is the best for post workout, but any other time, like my meals after breakfast up until preworkout i would eat meats in every meal, a lot of meat and a lot of carbs. healthy that is.

would that work?

You should at the very least be consuming some sort of lean protein every 3-4 hours. For pre and post workout carbs sources I like oats and potatoes. Brown rice is good too. A lot of guys load up on simple sugars post workout and imo it doesn't really matter if it's dextrose or potatoes, just as long as you are refueling after exercise.

Here's a typical days diet for myself. Take in mind I have ~50 pounds on you, so you can get by on less food. This is just to show you how I set up my meals

Meal 1

6 whole omega three eggs, 2-3 pieces of Ezekiel toast, 2 cups of mixed berries

Meal 2

50g whey, 60g ground oats, 2tbsp ANPB as a shake

Meal 3

8oz chicken, 1 cups brown rice, green peas all mixed together

Meal 4 Pre workout

50g whey, 60g ground oats, 2 tbsp ANPB as a shake

During workout I sip on aminos and simple carbs. This is completely optional imo

Meal 5 PWO

8oz chicken 1cup brown rice or 2-3 potatoes

Meal 6

8oz ground lean ground beef burgers, a few cups of brocolli or green beans, 15g fish oil.

All of my meats are prepared in advanced and pre portioned. This is obviously the way to go for convenience. You could probably get by on the stuff your face and GOMAD (gallon of milk per day) diet with good success. Especially at your age. With a little planning you could eat something similar to what I posted and it might possibly work better for you than the eat whatever plan. Then again, I'm a creature of routine and structure. I would go crazy if my meals weren't preplanned. Stupid OCD lol

Also, don't sweat eating off the McD's Dollar Menu every once in a while. The food is not the best thing for you, but a few double cheeseburgers and a shake here or there will not kill you. It will help add mass to your frame.

You should at the very least be consuming some sort of lean protein every 3-4 hours. For pre and post workout carbs sources I like oats and potatoes. Brown rice is good too. A lot of guys load up on simple sugars post workout and imo it doesn't really matter if it's dextrose or potatoes, just as long as you are refueling after exercise.

Here's a typical days diet for myself. Take in mind I have ~50 pounds on you, so you can get by on less food. This is just to show you how I set up my meals

Meal 1

6 whole omega three eggs, 2-3 pieces of Ezekiel toast, 2 cups of mixed berries

Meal 2

50g whey, 60g ground oats, 2tbsp ANPB as a shake

Meal 3

8oz chicken, 1 cups brown rice, green peas all mixed together

Meal 4 Pre workout

50g whey, 60g ground oats, 2 tbsp ANPB as a shake

During workout I sip on aminos and simple carbs. This is completely optional imo

Meal 5 PWO

8oz chicken 1cup brown rice or 2-3 potatoes

Meal 6

8oz ground lean ground beef burgers, a few cups of brocolli or green beans, 15g fish oil.

All of my meats are prepared in advanced and pre portioned. This is obviously the way to go for convenience. You could probably get by on the stuff your face and GOMAD (gallon of milk per day) diet with good success. Especially at your age. With a little planning you could eat something similar to what I posted and it might possibly work better for you than the eat whatever plan. Then again, I'm a creature of routine and structure. I would go crazy if my meals weren't preplanned. Stupid OCD lol

Also, don't sweat eating off the McD's Dollar Menu every once in a while. The food is not the best thing for you, but a few double cheeseburgers and a shake here or there will not kill you. It will help add mass to your frame.

Wow great plan SL! Damn, its a lot lol. I got a few questions though, you know i can follow a diet from the pm's back in April. Well, i was wanting to take a new approach. Ofc im not going to sit there and eat white rice, im going to continue on eating healthy foods, just a lot and i won't really be pre-portioning them anymore. Just putting it in, by eye. Which is a bad thing, but whatever looks like a enough. If im not full, then i will eat some more.

Just wondering, post workout, should i have potatoes baked? I have them every morning, and its great, i can have them post workout also?

And you said you sip on some simple stuff during workout. Such as? A protein shake with oats mixed in? Or do you sip on a shake, like milk, oats, berries, protein, everything in it?

And i really don't want to have a gallon of whole milk, or even 2% milk anymore. Just skim milk in my protein shakes, or maybe not really having much milk. I love it, and am not affected by it but definitely not going to have a gallon.

Wow great plan SL! Damn, its a lot lol. I got a few questions though, you know i can follow a diet from the pm's back in April. Well, i was wanting to take a new approach. Ofc im not going to sit there and eat white rice, im going to continue on eating healthy foods, just a lot and i won't really be pre-portioning them anymore. Just putting it in, by eye. Which is a bad thing, but whatever looks like a enough. If im not full, then i will eat some more.

Just wondering, post workout, should i have potatoes baked? I have them every morning, and its great, i can have them post workout also?

And you said you sip on some simple stuff during workout. Such as? A protein shake with oats mixed in? Or do you sip on a shake, like milk, oats, berries, protein, everything in it?

And i really don't want to have a gallon of whole milk, or even 2% milk anymore. Just skim milk in my protein shakes, or maybe not really having much milk. I love it, and am not affected by it but definitely not going to have a gallon.

Just make sure you are eating every 2.5-4 hours and that protein makes up a good bit of the meal along with complex carbs.

I usually just cook my potatoes in the microwave for 6-7 minutes. You could bake them in ahead of time in the oven then reheat them. This is what I do with sweet potatoes.

The simple sugar and aminos I consume during my workout is completely optional. It's actually an intra workout recovery/creatine product that I'm using called SizeOn. Creatine Supplements :: Sports Nutrition :: Sports Nutrition :: Gaspari SizeOn Maximum Performance - OrbitNutrition

You can do the sweet potatoes in the micro too. Dont waste your money buying those that are already wrapped in saran wrap. They cook just fine with no saran wrap on them.

Ark I think the biggest thing that SL is saying is to make sure that you take in enough protein for recovery and that you consume enough complex carbs.

The only thing I would debate with SL is the # of grams of protein. At 160 lbs I think 25 - 30g of protein is probably enough at one time. Your body cant really process much more than that so the rest is waste... so why not save it for the next meal when it will be used. Just my opinion.

Everyone is different and the real key to all of this, including your lifting, is to experiment. Everyone responds a little differently to everything - ie food and training.

The best way to find what works best for you is to try something, log it, then a few months later log the results and then tweak it and log it. Then a few months later log the results and compare them. See what truly works best for you based on the results you get.

Top Bottom