Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hello

SirIsaacBrock

Hello friends, I am new to this forum and the new lifestyle of body building in general, and as such I have a few questions which I beckon for you to answer for me if it so duly pleases you.

I am approximately one hundred and thirty pounds on a slender five foot eight frame. I have never been able to gain weight, well rather, my parents never allowed me to eat enough to gain. Alas I am finally on my own in this world and able to afford things like eating for two at all times. It is quite refreshing to drink as much milk as I please without fear of my father beating me on the grounds of not having enough milk in which to consume his twelve large coffees per day. I do digress:

Currently I am attempting to ingest four thousand calories a day with one and a half to two grams of protein. I have created a protein milkshake which I consume between my breakfast and lunch, and between lunch and dinner to satiate myself. It is a one thousand calorie, seventy gram of protein beast.

I am taking animal pak and flex as supplements aside from whey protein which I include into my shake (which only accounts for twenty grams of the protein in it). Nineteen pills in total each day; perhaps I will settle for something slightly lesser which fits into a single pill after the forty four day course is over. I have no problem consuming them, it is just the quantity can be a bit daunting. I feel slightly funny for a few hours after ingestion, almost a slight euphoria, but it feels good.

I suppose my only true question at the moment is in regards to the lunch meat I purchase. I have been trying to track down the nutrition information so I can further calculate my intake. The label says "21% meat protein" on it. What exactly does this mean? Does it insinuate that the meat has been processed to such an extent that only twenty one percent of the protein in the original meat remains? That is rather disturbing, though this is one of the higher percentages among the meats at my deli, so it does concern me.

My ultimate goal is to put on twenty pounds of lean mass in six months. I really have no worries about putting on fat, for I have never been able to put on any weight. I am quite vascular and well defined despite the lack of any real muscle mass, you can see the veins on my arms, calves and around my hips at times, as well as striations along my forearms.

I plan to add creatine into my regimen in approximately a month once my body has gotten used to the invariable punishment I shall put it through a few times a week.

Does anyone have any tips, or insight? Is my goal too large for a beginner? I feel at one hundred and fifty pounds I will feel much better about myself, and perhaps even be able to leave the house once and a while to partake in various outdoor activities such as fetching the mail and greeting the milk man.

Thank you, and god bless the King.

I feel like a troll would not have such good grammar, nor the desire to create such a long winded post.

well lets try and correct your diet first.

lunch meat, protein milkshakes aren't gonna put on mass.

you need real food. non processed junk. get some grassfed beef, cage free eggs, chicken, turkey, pork. veggies, fruits, make yourself some pancakes from scratch in the mornings.. sprinkle whey on top of them.

the protein and calories you think you are getting from shakes is misleading. not only that but also shakes kill your appetite, this is not the direction you should take.

as far as workouts i have a good routine in my signature below, check that out.

??? Hmmmm that was a bit long winded and a little odd.

First off 20 lbs in 6 months no problem since you seem young.

Second protein shakes don't work that well, go for real food.

Third forget creatine I think that stuff is useless.

Fourth most lunch meat is injected with salt and water I think up to about 20% by weight. I wouldn't say lunch meat is bad but there are better ways to get protein. Also if you're trying to bulk up a bucket of extra crispy KFC wouldn't hurt.

well lets try and correct your diet first.

lunch meat, protein milkshakes aren't gonna put on mass.

you need real food. non processed junk. get some grassfed beef, cage free eggs, chicken, turkey, pork. veggies, fruits, make yourself some pancakes from scratch in the mornings.. sprinkle whey on top of them.

the protein and calories you think you are getting from shakes is misleading. not only that but also shakes kill your appetite, this is not the direction you should take.

as far as workouts i have a good routine in my signature below, check that out.

Well the shake is obviously just a supplement and I am certainly not getting all four thousand calories from shakes alone. I have to eat lunch meat, sandwiches are what you eat for lunch.
Here is what my typical day looks like as of the moment:
Breakfast:
large bowl of miniwheats and 2% milk, totals on order of six hundred calories and some protein from the milk
I'll have a banana or an apple on top of it, as well as a glass of water when I consume my animal products. Glass of orange juice. I am attempting to add in a few eggs, I have considered hard boiling eggs for the week and sticking them in the fridge so that I can just toss them in my mouth on the go. I am heavily constrained by time in the morning; showering, eating breakfast, making lunch and my daily shake are all very time consuming and I am often in quite a rush as it is.

Lunch: one hundred and fifty grams of chicken/turkey, 2 slices whole wheat, lettuce and tomato, tbsp of mayo. By my calculations that is another five hundred or so calories and a decent bit of protein, not much fat, perhaps sodium, but I dont care for that.
Apple, carrots, other veggies (which arent very high in calories)

Dinner: one to two chicken breasts, two thirds cup of rice (uncooked), some sort of sauce. That or a pasta dish of some sort, or a roast with potatoes and veggies etc. Usually dinner is in excess of one thousand calories.

Snacks are veggies, cheese and crackers, other things. I am trying to add in peanut butter sandwiches between meals for an extra four to five hundred calories. Granola bars, etc. Looking at it right now it does not seem like I am eating all that much for lunch, but when I consider breakfast, lunch and the protein shake, there are nearly two thousand calories I have consumed once lunch is over, and the day has just begun.

I split the consumption of my daily protein shake between the time between breakfast and lunch, and lunch and dinner. It consists of the following:
- one scoop whey,
- two cups of milk
- half cup of raw oats
- four table spoons natural peanut butter
- one large banana

The only misleading calorie in my shake is the banana, which I know mostly comes from the sugars. I dont need it in there but I enjoy the taste.

I am attempting to drink at minimum a liter of milk per day.

Aside from perhaps the lunch meat being processed, I resent your comment about my eating of only processed junk. Bread and natural peanut butter are junk? Chicken breast, ground beef, steak, pork chops, veal.. junk? Oats are junk? Lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, apples, oranges, bananas are junk? To think someone even mentioned eating a bucket of KFC, as if that is not processed junk in and of itself.

Good day.

Well the shake is obviously just a supplement and I am certainly not getting all four thousand calories from shakes alone. I have to eat lunch meat, sandwiches are what you eat for lunch.
when you drink the shake it kills your appetite. part of gaining mass is eating, hard to eat when you don't feel like eating. get rid of the shakes.
Here is what my typical day looks like as of the moment:
Breakfast:
large bowl of miniwheats and 2% milk, totals on order of six hundred calories and some protein from the milk
the mini wheats is processed sugar and other crap. the milk is killing your appetite further and just bloating you.
I'll have a banana or an apple on top of it, as well as a glass of water when I consume my animal products. Glass of orange juice. I am attempting to add in a few eggs, I have considered hard boiling eggs for the week and sticking them in the fridge so that I can just toss them in my mouth on the go.
breakfast should be cage free eggs.. 3-4 of them. some homemade pancakes, forget the cereal, who eats cereal past 15 years old anyway? come on man
I am heavily constrained by time in the morning; showering, eating breakfast, making lunch and my daily shake are all very time consuming and I am often in quite a rush as it is.

Lunch: one hundred and fifty grams of chicken/turkey, 2 slices whole wheat, lettuce and tomato, tbsp of mayo. By my calculations that is another five hundred or so calories and a decent bit of protein, not much fat, perhaps sodium, but I dont care for that.
cold cuts are no good. you need real food, mayo is another appetite killer.

Apple, carrots, other veggies (which arent very high in calories)
good, finally real food
Dinner: one to two chicken breasts, two thirds cup of rice (uncooked), some sort of sauce.
good and good.. leave out the sauce (appetite suppressor)
That or a pasta dish of some sort, or a roast with potatoes and veggies etc. Usually dinner is in excess of one thousand calories. good

Snacks are veggies, cheese and crackers, other things. I am trying to add in peanut butter sandwiches between meals for an extra four to five hundred calories. Granola bars, etc. Looking at it right now it does not seem like I am eating all that much for lunch, but when I consider breakfast, lunch and the protein shake, there are nearly two thousand calories I have consumed once lunch is over, and the day has just begun.

I split the consumption of my daily protein shake between the time between breakfast and lunch, and lunch and dinner. It consists of the following:
- one scoop whey,
- two cups of milk
- half cup of raw oats
- four table spoons natural peanut butter
- one large banana

The only misleading calorie in my shake is the banana, which I know mostly comes from the sugars. I dont need it in there but I enjoy the taste.

I am attempting to drink at minimum a liter of milk per day.
major appetite suppressor right here.

Aside from perhaps the lunch meat being processed, I resent your comment about my eating of only processed junk.
well you didn't list what you wrote above buddy for me to see your diet, all you said was lunch meat.
Bread and natural peanut butter are junk?
yes they are. unless the peanut butter is all natural.. bread is definately junk.
Chicken breast, ground beef, steak, pork chops, veal.. junk? Oats are junk? Lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, apples, oranges, bananas are junk? no. To think someone even mentioned eating a bucket of KFC, as if that is not processed junk in and of itself. correct but i never advocate fast food

Good day.

bolded you are too obsessed with how much protein and calories you get. like i said above protein shakes dont count, lunch meat doesn't count either. only real food counts. and I doubt you really do eat that much at 5 8 and 130 pounds. you sound like a troll.

If you resent that fact that steve is trying his best to help you through his vast experience then youd best just stop now friend. What he is telling you is truth wether you want to hear it or not. Basically your diet needs a total rework, bottom line bro.

bolded you are too obsessed with how much protein and calories you get. like i said above protein shakes dont count, lunch meat doesn't count either. only real food counts. and I doubt you really do eat that much at 5 8 and 130 pounds. you sound like a troll.
That is my new diet I am attempting to work into my new lifestyle. I recently quit smoking cigarettes and marijuana (one week and two weeks respectively), and I am trying to focus my attention on other aspects of life, namely gaining some weight and becoming in general healthier.

Quite honestly, most of my life I have skipped breakfast and lunch, but even when I have tried it has been very hard to gain weight. When I have attempted lifting, in the past I soon gave up because I was constantly berated for eating everything in the house, and I knew I had to eat in order to make any gains and not feel horribly lethargic and run down.

I do not see how I could ever go without sauce on my rice and chicken. That is just not going to happen, that is akin to telling an Italian man to stop consuming tomato sauce.

I do value your opinion and I apologize for any hostility in my prior post.

I was told from several sources that I should be attempting to drink as much as a gallon of milk a day, GOMAD as they coined it.

I have used calculators and with my metabolism being incredibly fast I need to consume approximately four thousand calories a day. For reference my father told me when he was my age he saw nutritionists and doctors because he wanted to gain weight and they had him on a five thousand calorie diet, which he never gained any weight from. Its in my genetics.

So no bread, no cereal, no sauces, no milk.

Just what in gods name am I supposed to consume then? I truly am baffled by your statements my friend, and only question them in an attempt gain some sort of understanding. The no shake statement is what really baffles me, because everyone and their dearest old mother has told me to drink protein shakes. Never have I come across anyone telling tales of appetite suppression. How does my protein shake not count when it consists of milk, natural peanut butter, oats and whey? For the record yes it is natural peanut butter, ingredients: peanuts, palm oil, cane sugar, sea salt. I understand your statement of appetite suppression.. but how can those cals not count? What counts then? Really, I am entirely baffled by your statements.

Reactions: ceo
If you would be willing to provide me with a run down of how I can attain four thousand calories per day, without any of the ingredients you have mentioned, then I will do my best to abide by it.

That is my new diet I am attempting to work into my new lifestyle. I recently quit smoking cigarettes and marijuana (one week and two weeks respectively), and I am trying to focus my attention on other aspects of life, namely gaining some weight and becoming in general healthier.

you never mentioned this before. and i am not surprised. smoking is yet another appetite suppressor.
Quite honestly, most of my life I have skipped breakfast and lunch, but even when I have tried it has been very hard to gain weight.
cause you don't have any appetite. not sure how many times I have to repeat myself. if you don't feel like eating then you aren't gonna eat.
When I have attempted lifting, in the past I soon gave up because I was constantly berated for eating everything in the house, and I knew I had to eat in order to make any gains and not feel horribly lethargic and run down.

if you get berated for eating then go live with someone else.

I do not see how I could ever go without sauce on my rice and chicken. That is just not going to happen, that is akin to telling an Italian man to stop consuming tomato sauce.
i do it all the time, whats the big deal. but if you want to put sauce then fine

I do value your opinion and I apologize for any hostility in my prior post.

I was told from several sources that I should be attempting to drink as much as a gallon of milk a day, GOMAD as they coined it.
if its gonna make you feel bloated and gassy then it can be counter productive. in other words, you drink a lot of milk, then don't eat for hours. not good

I have used calculators and with my metabolism being incredibly fast I need to consume approximately four thousand calories a day. For reference my father told me when he was my age he saw nutritionists and doctors because he wanted to gain weight and they had him on a five thousand calorie diet, which he never gained any weight from. Its in my genetics.
you have a fast metabolism, you aren't the first person with this. as you get older it will slow down.

So no bread, no cereal, no sauces, no milk.

Just what in gods name am I supposed to consume then? I truly am baffled by your statements my friend, and only question them in an attempt gain some sort of understanding.

The no shake statement is what really baffles me, because everyone and their dearest old mother has told me to drink protein shakes.
and you weigh 130 pounds. its not working bud.

Never have I come across anyone telling tales of appetite suppression. How does my protein shake not count when it consists of milk, natural peanut butter, oats and whey? For the record yes it is natural peanut butter, ingredients: peanuts, palm oil, cane sugar, sea salt. I understand your statement of appetite suppression.. but how can those cals not count? What counts then? Really, I am entirely baffled by your statements.
I can set you up on an anabolic diet. but please stop wasting my time with this nonsense. either you want help or you don't. its easier than you think if you are willing to listen.

Top Bottom