Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Have the men in your lives had a problem with your goals for your physique?

Has your S.O. had any complaints about your working out?

• Nope, he supports me all the way.

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • Not really, he busts my ass sometimes but he's just joking.

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Yes, but he became more accepting of it with time.

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Yes, he found me totally unappealing and he ended up running off with his overweight secretary.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but I just kicked his ass and made him my bitch.

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters
Well thanks for setting me straight SW. I guess I jumped to the conclusion that only MEN would have a problem with their partners bodybuilding and that WOMEN would automatically have a more open mind. Tsk tsk. I should know better. Sounds like your woman is at about the level now that my man has finally progressed to. :) I was thinking that he's become more tolerable, but then, maybe he's thinking the same as I try to keep more of my training issues to myself (or discuss them around here). Once he said to me as I griped about the sugar content in some food, "You're more annoying than Richard Simmons." I tried to tone it down after that. :worried:

Fonz, I went to a school where almost 90% of students were involved in a sport. I was not one of them. Rather, I was one of those fatties, so no input here...

SteelWeaver said:
Well, my partner isn't a man, but I have had some comments from my gf that my thighs have become too "thick" and she preferred my legs more slender.

BUT, she also gets a thrill out of the comments I get about being "buff" from people, and she says she totally supports me in my efforts if that's what makes me happy. She also said she's totally impressed at how I just decided this was what I wanted to do, and then WENT for it, with almost total dedication.

On the other hand, when I whine about having no time to do anything, she's very quick to point out that I have plenty of time, but just choose to spend it in the gym. She complains sometimes about not being able to spontaneously go to a restaurant, or that we don't go clubbing anymore, but I'm learning how to juggle things better.

She was unhappy when I changed gyms, but still supported me. She mainly didn't want to be lonely when she goes to train, and wanted me to be there to check her form. She solved this by getting to know others in the gym.

She has said she doesn't want me to get "huge", and doesn't want me to compete beyond next year, and doesn't want me to lose my breasts! (Oh well, you sacrifice some things ...)

But she loves that I can carry heavy things, replace her curtain rods, fix her bike, cook, clean, sew, and take out garbage! :D :D

Hey SteelWeaver:

Where in Japan are ya? I lived in Tokyo for like 5 years. My impression is that it was a hard place to be a woman with a woman partner...but I loved living there, for a while.

Wyst

:mad:
NO

He pretends to vomit when I flex & I'm not all that buff.

He vastly prefers the playboy model body to the fitness body.

Fortunately he doesn't give me too much slack about the time I spend at the gym because:

1. He likes time to himself as well!
2. He's seen how EVIL I become when I don't get my workouts in.

He may not be into the muscle, but I'm not into that gut he's growin' either! Fortunately we just tease each other but we're still hot for one another. It's all good.

OTCbooty said:
Well thanks for setting me straight SW. I guess I jumped to the conclusion that only MEN would have a problem with their partners bodybuilding and that WOMEN would automatically have a more open mind.

Heh heh, honey - you don't need no settin' - you already are straight! LOL :D

Yeah, my gf gets really grossed out when she looks over my shoulder at muscle mags I read (yes yes, I read them, for entertainment). She says their traps look like goiters! So I always respond that I'd rather have rock hard super stong muscles than be overweight, even if she thinks it looks like goiters, and that settles her down. 'Course, I'm still dolphin-shaped, so it's not like she has to worry yet! :bawling:

Seriously, though, she is very supportive, even if she doesn't like it much, and I know she's going to be there for me in the front row of every comp. screaming her heart out.

Poor Fonz seems to be having the same problem with women not into the muscled aesthetic. Quite a few women seem to feel that way, about both men and women.

wyst said:

Hey SteelWeaver:

Where in Japan are ya? I lived in Tokyo for like 5 years. My impression is that it was a hard place to be a woman with a woman partner...but I loved living there, for a while.

Wyst

Whoa! You lived in Tokyo! That's where I am! Actually, it's the Ms Tokyo I'm going for next year. I've been here 7 years. It's big and wild and tough, and I loved it at first, but I'm worn out with it now - tired of the pollution, the crowds, and being able to buy 320 different types of dried seaweed, but no non-fat cottage cheese!!! Leaving next year.

As a foreigner living here, it's easy to be anything you like, gay, lesbian, alien, disco queen, rocker, punk, whatever. The Japanese expect foreigners to be strange, so they just say, oh really, then change the topic!! Bwa ha ha haha! I used to try to fit in, and studied Japanese like crazy, and learned how to bow, and tried to do everything right, but then I found out that it didn't make any difference, and I would always be "different" for them, so I quit trying so hard. Kind of disappointing really. Did you find that at all?

It's really kind of ludicrous for me to think I could fit in anyway - even just physically I'm an anomaly. I'm a big girl and gettin' bigger!

Heh heh, honey - you don't need no settin' - you already are straight! LOL
Well, I'm not THAT straight...I can be flexible ;)

Sounds like quite an experience you've had in Japan. Did you mention where you're from originally? :confused:

OTCbooty said:

Well, I'm not THAT straight...I can be flexible ;)

Sounds like quite an experience you've had in Japan. Did you mention where you're from originally? :confused:

OTC!!! Great! Flexibility gives one that bit of extra elbow room, doesn't it? :)

I didn't mention my home country - I'll give you 3 guesses (not North America). :)

spatterson said:
MMmmmmm honey, this is soundin like a SHEETS thread!

(feigned shock) spatterson, is that a warning, ... or an invitation? Naturally, we'd never put anything inappropriate on THIS board (not unless, of course, it had something to do with tripleV's very nice new avatar - tee hee) ;) :D

Boy have we jumped off the subject...

But it's all good!

My husband is the reason I'm training now. He got into training and bodybuilding over a year ago and got me interested. So he is totally supportive of my training. And pushes me harder. We work out together and motivate each other to get to the gym, eat right and all that stuff. I was a little 97lb woman when he met me. So putting on muscle has made him a lot more attracted to me. He says he's attracted to "strong" looking woman. I don't know if I could stay as motivated as I am if I didn't have his support.

Top Bottom