Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Have the men in your lives had a problem with your goals for your physique?

Has your S.O. had any complaints about your working out?

• Nope, he supports me all the way.

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • Not really, he busts my ass sometimes but he's just joking.

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Yes, but he became more accepting of it with time.

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Yes, he found me totally unappealing and he ended up running off with his overweight secretary.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but I just kicked his ass and made him my bitch.

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters

OTCbooty

What was the situation? (Obviously I made some jokes in the poll choices, but I really am serious about this question!!!)

My husband, who used to think it was cool when I was the only woman in the gym doing deadlifts, started a while ago to make passive-aggressive comments about looking like a man and to suggest that I might want to think about a higher rep scheme for my training program. I think he wants to be supportive, but he's just one of those guys who doesn't want a woman's body to cross over that line between "in good shape" and "muscular."

The hard part for me is that I don't really blame him. Traditionally women look a certain way and I don't expect him to suddenly become a progressive thinker over this one issue, when both of us are very conservative people by nature and lead very typical middle-class lives. But at the same time, I want him to be ok with this and to still think of me as attractive, feminine, etc.

What have your experiences been?

Last edited:
My husband has been totally supportive of me so far. I'm fairly muscular but not even close to crossing that line of looking too "manly". I don't want to cross that line and I think both him and I share the same opinion of what looks good as far as a woman goes. So I don't think it will ever become a problem either.

Oh, and BTW, cool poll!:rolly:

One guy I dated hated it..when he met me I was really skinny and did not have any muscle to me...once i started working out and putting on size and was no longer a size 2...he constantly told me I looked gross...muscle does not belong on women...I look manly....I used to be attractive, I ruined myself...yada yada yada...that has come to an end...he didnt like me competing or spending so much time in the gym..told me I was obsessed and I changed..very unsupportive to say the least.

Well I did change my body, but for the better, and i would have it NO other way now.

Im single now!! I talk to a few people..and most are into bodybuilding or working out...and have no problem at all w/ my shape and the time I spend in the gym. Never again will i even consider being w/ someone who does not accept what I do...I plan to compete for a long time and its my lifestyle...so you cant get around it. I find men become insecure, jealous and a lot of em cant handle it. There is nothing worse than an unsupportive guy putting u down..dont need it..adds extra stress and that is NOT love!!

now that i'm officially single (hehe) i can choose a man who supports me in my fitness exploits...

but my fiance was very supportive and never complained once... he loved the fact that i had abs that made everyone stare :D

spatterson said:

When my husband stops looking like he has natural gyno, he can talk to me about physique. (He's officially gotten fat enough that his boobs are bigger than mine.)

(ouch)

LMAO.......Double OUCH !!!!!!

When my biceps are bigger than his!

But seriously, I'm 5'7", add in my fav "big shoes" for going out, and I seem to tower over all these little short guys. WTF?? I"m not THAT tall?!!!

But I'm not a small person and just can't stand when the guy is my size or smaller and I feel like I could pick him up and throw him over my shoulder and drag him home. Or I might squish him during a long, hot & heavy kiss.. LOL!

I'm kinda joking w/ this, but sometimes I feel so damn "huge".. Are the guys shrinking or is it just me???

I've never had a bf who didn't support my lifting habit, but at the same time, I've never had a bf who liked going to the gym or followed the same diet that I do.

Sassy and spatterson, that just sucks! I know what it's like to be with a man who isn't very supportive and doesn't share in your love of fitness. I was once married to someone like that and it really sucks when you are working your ass off, you get no support or appreciation for looking good and he gets to sit in front of the TV on his ass getting fat! Been there, done that! And I can't stand guys smaller than me either! If it looks like, or I feel like I could kick his ass, then I'm not attracted to him at all! I want a big, strong man who can wisk me up over his shoulder and who I feel protected with in his arms! So I'm with ya girls!:rolly:

Lobo... i take it from your response that you're on a cycle (and perhaps a heavy one to boot :) )... hehe....

Gurls...i've had it both ways...

dated a guy that never went to the gym and he bitched and moaned cause i was always gone and never with him and didn't cook for him...yada..yada...finally got smart and booted his behind...

met my husband of 8 yrs in the gym...and being 5'-9"...i definitely wanted a big boy too...well...hit the jack pot with my man....he's 6'-4" 240lb juiced and fine...lol!

and Lobo...so true....a couch potato wouldn't have lasted a week with me or my hunny! We're both "on" now....and poor child...we keep sending him to play Nintendo cuz mom & dad need to "talk" alone!:D

in fact he just called to ask me to meet him at home after work and leave the little one at babysitters for a few minutes longer than normal!:angel:

Top Bottom