Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Have the men in your lives had a problem with your goals for your physique?

Has your S.O. had any complaints about your working out?

• Nope, he supports me all the way.

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • Not really, he busts my ass sometimes but he's just joking.

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Yes, but he became more accepting of it with time.

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Yes, he found me totally unappealing and he ended up running off with his overweight secretary.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but I just kicked his ass and made him my bitch.

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters
Jeez, I don't know whether to feel good or bad....ah, conflict. I hate it. :argue:

The irony is that Mr was the one who got me started on this and was always in better shape than I. We've been training together since I started in Jan/Feb and he actually was hurt when I suggested that I wanted to switch to more of a hardcore environment, even if that meant using different gyms.

Yet I've heard plenty of those comments that spatts mentioned. And I can't help it if I happen to gain muscle easily!! I would be fairly satisfied in daily life to keep the lean mass that I currently have, but I don't think I can ever give up trying to exceed my previous lifts/records. And it's slowed down, but I just keep on gaining muscle even when I'm intentionally keeping cardio high/calories in check. Okay, spatts probably wants to kill me now :smshot:

Speaking of spatts, I don't mean to get TOO personal, but I'm worried for you two....it sounds like you have a number of issues up in the air. Are you guys having any luck working on this stuff? Marriage is surely a bitch. I think there's hope for us all though....

P.S. Jesus, that was an unprecedented response (in my limited time here) from Lobo. I'm a little....aroused :p

Last edited:
I think the stinker about the training lifestyle is that it is actually an all-consuming lifestyle for those who pursue it. I've totally let the bulk of my social life disappear because of it. Not that I complain that much because the club scene is getting pretty pathetic right now. But if you are with someone who isn't into it with their own passion, then they either see it as something that takes you away from them or they are jealous because they look like shit and you don't. Then throw in the very visual nature of the whole thing -- you look great, you feel good, you want to strut your stuff or you carry yourself with a confidence that comes from your look. Opens up the potential opportunity for a jealous significant other who just has jealousy (read: self-confidence) issues or has to deal w/ you getting attention from other people that you might not get if you weren't the ripped up god or goddess that you are!

The gym, the "other" mistress (or master, as the case may be...)

Its tuff being beautiful... LOL!

Re: Gurls...i've had it both ways...

sheez_ripped said:
dated a guy that never went to the gym and he bitched and moaned cause i was always gone and never with him and didn't cook for him...yada..yada...finally got smart and booted his behind...

met my husband of 8 yrs in the gym...and being 5'-9"...i definitely wanted a big boy too...well...hit the jack pot with my man....he's 6'-4" 240lb juiced and fine...lol!

and Lobo...so true....a couch potato wouldn't have lasted a week with me or my hunny! We're both "on" now....and poor child...we keep sending him to play Nintendo cuz mom & dad need to "talk" alone!:D

in fact he just called to ask me to meet him at home after work and leave the little one at babysitters for a few minutes longer than normal!:angel:

I'm 5'10"...does your husband have a twin brother? :)

Sassy69 said:
I think the stinker about the training lifestyle is that it is actually an all-consuming lifestyle for those who pursue it. I've totally let the bulk of my social life disappear because of it. Not that I complain that much because the club scene is getting pretty pathetic right now. But if you are with someone who isn't into it with their own passion, then they either see it as something that takes you away from them or they are jealous because they look like shit and you don't. Then throw in the very visual nature of the whole thing -- you look great, you feel good, you want to strut your stuff or you carry yourself with a confidence that comes from your look. Opens up the potential opportunity for a jealous significant other who just has jealousy (read: self-confidence) issues or has to deal w/ you getting attention from other people that you might not get if you weren't the ripped up god or goddess that you are!

The gym, the "other" mistress (or master, as the case may be...)

Its tuff being beautiful... LOL!

Too true!! Couldn't have said it better myself!

6 years later, I move back here, he's training me, and we're great friends. We were married within weeks of eachother. His wife hates what he does too. Seems so strange to me that we married people that are so much alike and both spouses dislike our lifestyles. Why do people do that? There's a 70 year old couple at the gym, and I'm SO jealous of them because they ride to the gym together every morning on their tandem bike, and weight train together....they look about 40-50. I wish I had that.

I don't know, but in my case it was being too young and I only got even more into fitness the older I got while he didn't. Now I am with a man who shares my passion for the gym! We have a nice cozy routine. We train together Mon-Fri. It is really nice! Our diets are the same too so that really helps me stay strict! We both had ex-spouses that were the opposite, lazy and overweight! So now this is more like it! Yeah! :D

I was the smart ass who voted to make him my bitch...LOL

We train together when the times allows. He is not as dedictated to the gym as I am.

He loves the fact that I take care of myself and supports me in everything that I decide to conquer.

man oh man... ive been on/off with the same Freakin LOSER for about 5 yrs now... and he is sooooooo unsupportive!!! he actually makes fun of me... wont workout with me etc... He likes his women "soft" i know i know.. GAG!!! those are his words not mine:( just thinking about him makes me LIVID!!!:mad:
he trains like a mofo but GOD FORBID i lift a weight!?!?!?!? UGH!!! well... i THINK ive got this asswipe out of my "system" for GOOD this time!!! i cant take it anymore.. i need to be with someone that supports what im trying to accomplish here.
WOW!... that felt good! :)

yeas...kbgrl....don't go there....

it's soooo nice to have someone who supports me...we try to divide up gym time so our child has one of us at home...i'll go early...then he'll go....or sometimes if it's gonna be a quick day we both go and the kid has to tuff it out for a bit with the other kids in the play room....usually he enjoys it once he gets there....

and like some of u have said....we pretty much eat alike....and both train hard...it is nice...

as for going out....definitely like the attention...we're both pretty big folks....so we do stand out...i'm sure not everyone likes our "look" but they sure aren't gonna say anything to our faces about it! lol!

and no he doesn't have a twin....but he has a great friend in California whos available....interested???

i find that the men usually support to a certain degree...i hate that belittling attitude you sometimes get cause we are *GIRLS*..anyways we rock...rock solid that is

Q!

My ex and I met in a gym and we shared the lifestyle. We were training partners for 11 years. And then I had THE BALLS to try and compete....suddenly, I was "obsessed" and didn't care about anyone but myself. Yea, I still did EVERYTHING with the house and the kids with NO HELP from him. Try taking care of a household and four small kids two days out from a show! I competed three times last year and my girls were NEVER MORE PROUD OF ME! The hubby, on the other hand, was less than enthusiastic. "The house is getting a little messy" "What's for dinner?" "Why aren't you eating with us AGAIN?!"

My trainer told me that sadly this was quite normal. MANY men would stop supporting their women as their physiques surpassed their own and the women started to get more and more attention.

Needless to say, that was then and this is now.

Current Feller is 100% BEHIND ME NO MATTER WHAT! HE DIGS MY MUCSLES IN A BIG WAY!! Honestly, I don't think that I could get too big for him. (That kind of scares me a little, tee-hee).

And Lobo - I don't think you know what you are talking about. No disrespect to the Missus..... but I have only met ONE MAN who could outlast me.....and even HE IS STILL GASPING FOR BREATH. Let me see, when did I see him last?.....3 weeks maybe? :p

From my point of view: I am much more attracted to a woman who has that desire to be in the gym and to train. The fact that her goals are similar as mine...turn me on to no degree. When I can see that focus in her eyes...it drives me wild.

B True

Top Bottom