Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Have the men in your lives had a problem with your goals for your physique?

Has your S.O. had any complaints about your working out?

• Nope, he supports me all the way.

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • Not really, he busts my ass sometimes but he's just joking.

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Yes, but he became more accepting of it with time.

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Yes, he found me totally unappealing and he ended up running off with his overweight secretary.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but I just kicked his ass and made him my bitch.

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters
HE is the one who got me into it!

But...every once in a while he tries to guilt me into not going to the gym because he wants to spend that time with me.

That totally pisses me off. I can see right though his act too..and when I try to call him on it a HUGE fight ensues.....it's not pretty.

But for the most part he's very supportive. We sometimes work out together but I have become accustomed to working out at night, 8:30 to 10 every night, and he hates working out that late.

I can't imagine not having a supportive mate - I give serious props to the ladies who have to fight that battle...

VDL

He's supportive to the point of being a nag about it as in "get your ass out here it is time to lift!!!" and I hear regularly about how good things are starting to look.

And Lobo, my dear boy, you would be whinin' before I was half done with ya. Does your wife know you're on here talkin' dirty to us girls?????

Are you kidding? This is foreplay for him. She should be thanking us for getting him all riled up!

Hmm, interesting perspective, spatts...probably not far from the truth. :lmao: As long as it goes back to his wife in the long run...

It was my husband who kept telling me to lift heavier and "stop playing with the baby weights". Finally, I took his advice, and it worked. He also kept telling me I needed to eat more, and that worked too. But the training bug seems to have bitten me a lot harder than it did him. I'm always pouring over books, magazines, this board, etc. He likes to read them too, but not as much as I do.

He's always glad to spot or help me when I try a higher weight. When I was a few months into hard training, he said he liked my new body a lot better than my skinny weak one. I've changed a lot more since then, but he doesn't say anything. (He's not much into saying stuff like that anyway.) If I was planning on looking like a bodybuilder, I don't think he'd particularly like it, but I don't think he'd try to control me over it.

Re: Q!

bikinimom said:
My trainer told me that sadly this was quite normal. MANY men would stop supporting their women as their physiques surpassed their own and the women started to get more and more attention.

Well that may be true for many men...but not all. How some could put a limit on their support of thier significant other is beyond me.

"I'll support you, but only if I feel superior"....WTH is that?!

As a man I feel that if you truly care about your woman then you should support her in everyway that you can. I mean if it is something that truly makes her happy...why would you want to deprive her of it?

Besides a "strong" woman is just so damn sexy...no need to be threatened. Just enjoy the fact that she likes to improve her body...and support her as much as you can.

however, on that note...there was a post on here about "would you go out with a guy in less good shape than you" or something to that effect....

and...i know I wouldn't !

so. he will have to KEEP UP I guess! lol

Top Bottom