Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Gaining muscle on low calories?

Jack Burton

Whats the lowest amount of calories do you think its possible to gain muscle on? On AS ofcoarse.

Reason I ask is I came of a bulking cycle and dieted right after naturally, BIG MISTAKE.

Although I lost some muscle I look alot better especially my face, the girls deffinatly notice, this is the reason I dont want to bulk again, I like having my looks.

So the question is can I gain about 10-12 of solid muscle without putting on any fat on this cycle.

100mg prop eod
50mg winny eod
75mg tren ed
400mg EQ a week
1/2 tab arimidex a day
Also have some clen and t3 but not sure if I should throw it in.

I was thinking about 3000 calories a day.

250 grams of carbs all low GI otameat sweet poatoes.

300 gram protein.

40 gram of flax oil.

So with this would it be possible to gain some solid mass, while maybe even losing a little bf?

What are you stats? weight, height, metabolism? How many calories a day does it take to maintain your current weight?there are many nutrition calculators out there..not very acurate but kinda gives you an idea...

Only The Strong Survive......"Mc Conrad":D

Let's cover the two most simple yet most misunderstood rules of bodybuilding/human physiology.

Rule 1: To gain body mass(weight/muscle) one must consume MORE calories than they burn. Energy consumption must be greater than energy expenditure and there has to be sufficient quantities of amino acids to repair and build muscle tissue. Without a surpluss of calories this protein won't be used to build muscle tissue...unfortunately that item is pretty low on the body's things-to-do list. So unless all energy needs are met the body won't add mass...If energy requirements are met and surpassed, then the additional calories derived from protein can be used to generate increases in lean body mass.

Rule 2: To loose weight one must use more energy than is consumed.

So the fewest amount of calories needed to gain mass would be (for sake of complexities) 1 calorie over your maintnance calorie level. Since none of us know you or your body nobody can give you an answer. There are too many variables that determine caloric needs to even speculate. But, if you know your maintnance level of calories then you can take it from there.

Last edited:
all you have to do to keep the fat down while gaining majore size on a bulking cycle is throw in some t-3, not only will you be able to eat your normal bulking volume of calories and not gain fat, but with t-3 in you bulking cycle you will also make more gains in size then you would without t-3. And arimidex to keep the water bloat down too.

Good info Beezers,there is really no reason to try and put on muscle and stay lean at the same time for most of the bodybuilding world this just doesn't happen, but with a clean diet like the one you posted you should make some progress, but for you're size i would say about 4000 cal a day if ya want to grow...:)

Good post Beezers. What you stated is very true. However, I wonder if it somewhat oversimlifies things. I've always thought about something like this: Let's say I ate at exactly maintainence calories. Couldn't I, through planned, precise diet and exercise (both cardio and lifting), manipulate or "trick" my body into burning fat while at the same time building muscle? I know this goes into an age-old debate, but I really do think that's it's more complicated than simple arithmetic: calories in, calories out, etc.

Its really hard to build muscle and trim down at the same time, the only way to grow is to feed youreself , I have been trying for a while now to keep my calories at around 3000 and I have not been growing..

Its annoying, I uped the caloried to around 4000 and cut out cardio to 3 times a week for 10 minutes before I workout so its more of a warmup...

And Im still loosing weight, Im on no type of juice yet, but im going to raise my calorie intake to 4500 and see how that goes.

Here is what my diet consists of :
7am : Methoxy Pro Shake w/ bananna
9am : 10 egg Whites w/t Ham and Tomatoes, Home Fries and 2 cups O.J
11am : Isopure Ready Mixed Zero Carb protein drink
1pm : Lunch I pig out , 2 Chicken Sandwiches, Patatoe salad, Dark Beer

This sucks I have to close this gap but after lunch I dont have an appetite
Then im stuck on the train ride home...

5pm : 4 Egg Whites With Turkey and Ham, Methoxy Pro Protein Shake

***************Gym Time***********

7pm Pure Protein Bar
8pm: 3/4 pound turkey burger or Steak, Whole wheat toast
9pm - 11pm: Isopure Zero Carb Protein Drink

I use to be a fat bastard about 6 months ago, now I cant seem to gain weight for jack shit.. I have noticed about a pound a month gains with this diet of lean muscle, I am thinking of uping the Calories by another 500 calories...

Top Bottom