Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Forearm pain and curls

BileStew said:
Sounds like you may have tennis elbow.

Stick your arm straight out, palm facing the ground. Press your middle and index finger downward with your other hand while trying to raise your fingers up for resistance. If you feel a pain in your forearm, you have tennis elbow.

Good luck and stop whacking it so hard to pictures of Marion Ross.
Nope, no pain that way. Which is a good thing. This seems to have gone away slowly over the day and with light curls and some light forearm work last night, I don't seem to be having any difficulties so far today. I"ll take it easy on it this weekend and see how it behaves with back movements on Monday.

Oh, and it's not Marion Ross, it's Aunt B.

have you tried to straighten your arm out? when you do feel on the forearm....can you feel crepitations (they are like the shudder or rubbing you get from a stiff door being opened that only goes a bit at a time and makes the whole door reverberate or whe your pulling something out of a tube and it starts sticking and makes the tube start to reverbaerate

Obviously i cant be sure as I dont see our arm infront of me and im not a doctor or anything, so you should see one.

but I suspect you might have tenosynovitis. this is where the synovium of the tendon inflames and restricts the motion of the arm. course i could be wrong and you have dupetyrons contracture (i've been lazy and its been a while since i read about this so dont trust me!) there was always somthing else other than tenosynovitis that i kept mixing it up with and i always forget its name. cant remeber if its dupetyrons contracture but either way if it persists get that shit checked out! you tried anything like an NSAID?

Danielson...

I've found the root of SSS's problem.

He's old and his warranty is expiring soon. First it's the tendons, then the mind.

BileStew said:
Danielson...

I've found the root of SSS's problem.

He's old and his warranty is expiring soon. First it's the tendons, then the mind.

lol...i would joke but a bout of training like i used to at my peak after almost half a year off left me with a much milder equivalent ( already gone away)

why can;t I be 18 again...shit i didnt even have to warm up then :)

i've had similar pain in my elbows and forearms.

the solution - stop doing BB curls.

didn't matter if i was using an EZ curl bar or a straight BB.

i've completely dropped BB curls from my routine. i stick to incline and db preacher curl.

i just took some time off of doing curls and anything that caused the pain to reoccur. took about 2 weeks til it went away, but i had been irritating it and kept it up for over a month.

be careful though...2 weeks w/out curls and you're not a "real" man in most gyms ;)

Top Bottom