Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Football Brother

IncredibleHoss

MVP
EF VIP
So my brother has been growing and being scouted by some football universities such as Nebraska.
Hes currently 6'6 210.

I was wondering if anybody has some good strength/mass exercises so he can put on 40-50 lbs by next football season along with a lot more strength.

Also how about diet, should he just eat what he sees?

Thanks guys

I'll give you some advice....BUT at 6'6" , as long as he is a decent athlete, a D 1 school will gobble him up. They are more interested in POTENTIAL....like frame size (how much room does he have to grow), athleticism (his vertical jump, 40 time, reactions, quickness). A scout is more likely to ask a kid if he can dunk a basketball before he asks what a kid can bench, the bench can be improved, if you'rr a lug who can't walk and chew gum at the same time, there isn't much any weight program can do for you. Most big schools aren't overly concerned about a kid who is underweight and a little weak so long as potential is there, he'll redshirt his first year, but a place like Nebraska will get him on a steady diet of squats and pulls, and as a scholarship athlete, he'll have unlimited access to force feedings at the training table.

That said, to save him the frustration of getting thrown around out of the gate, he needs to EAT....get in his protein and then anything else is fair game. So long as he gets good at squats, deadlifts, bench presses, overhead presses, he'll be fine.......5x5 training would be perfect.

Honestly, if a D 1 or 1-AA school doesn't swallow up a 6' 6" kid, his problem isn't strength-related. If he has a small frame or if his vert is 20", that is gonna damn him, lol....but if he has room to fill out and he is at the least a better than average athlete, he'll be fine, lifting and eating is hard work, but doesn't require any God-given abilities.

targac21 said:
So my brother has been growing and being scouted by some football universities such as Nebraska.
Hes currently 6'6 210.

I was wondering if anybody has some good strength/mass exercises so he can put on 40-50 lbs by next football season along with a lot more strength.

Also how about diet, should he just eat what he sees?

Thanks guys

40-50lbs by football season is not very realistic

It'd also be difficult offering useful advice to an athlete at your brother's stage of progress without knowing him better. There's lots of good football and general athletic advice over at higher-faster-sports.com
You should be able to narrow your range of options and focus in on some skills.

Next football season, as in one full year from now? If so, putting on a sold 25-30lbs can be very acheivable since he's only 210 right now.

Check out the diet forum, that'll make a bigger difference than his training.

At 6'6"...IF he has a big frame, he can realistically put on 70-100lbs in a year, lol...I am not bullshitting.

Look at any NCAA D1 roster.....a great deal of linemen are converted tight ends, a great deal of d-tackles are converted ends and 'backers, a great deal of linebackers are converted safeties, a great deal of tight ends are high school QB's.....etc etc etc, you get the point.

If he is that damn tall and if he has a big frame to fill out, he can gain an enormous amount of weight quickly if he eats ENOUGH. I've seen it countless times. 2 examples in my head are an old QB in my area, went to a 1-AA school as a 6'6 220lb QB and a redshirt later he was a 290lb d tackle.....another was a 6'4 235lb tight end in HS, went to a D 1 school and a redshirt later was a 305lb guard.

The 5x5 is a great start because it teaches how to train progressively. Eating is all important......just eat, get enough protein and anything else is fair game. Don't eat like a bodybuilder.....micromanaging his diet and running around with tupperware containers filled with broccoli and brown rice won't get him big.

Top Bottom