Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

food and meal ideas for Ketogenic diets??

CLEMDOG

I've been considering trying a ketogenic diet for the first time and thinking about going shopping later this afternoon. I was just wondering if you guys could help me with some food ideas with very low/no carbs. Also if anyone had any good meals put together? Thanks!;)

I have some good ides.

I just got off a keto CKD diet. I was eating alot of steak, eggs, bacon and chicken along with about 8-10 table spoons of MCT oil. NO CARBS except what is in the chicken and eggs. It sucks but it worked wonderfully. The problem that you can run into with a Keto diet is lack of energy and deppression. You need to be in the right frame of mind when you start. Just my $.02.

I'm sure its a bitch!
So far I've already thought about a list of stuff like tuna, eggs, chicken, steak, cheese, mayo, pepperoni, peanut butter??(does have some carbs).

How many times a day did you eat on the diet? Also you carbed up on the weekend and come sunday you dropped the carbs for the week?

Do you or anyone have any good meals put together? What are some high fat products that should be stayed away from?

I ate about 6 or 7 times a day.

I would eat 6-8 eggs for breakfast or 3 eggs with some bacon strips(3-4)

I would eat a chicken breast with 3 tbls of MCT oil for a mid morning snack.

for lunch I would like eat 2 large steaks

mid-afternoon snack would eat 2 cans of tuna with about 2 tbls of mayo and about 2 tbls of MCT oil

for dinner I would eat a chicken breast with the MCT oil again.

right before I went to bed I would drink an Isopure (no-carb) protien shake.

I would switch it up sometimes and add some pork skins in there for a snack.

On my carb-up day (Saturday) I would start by eating alot of simple sugars i.e. Box of lucky charms and things like that. Towards the middle to the end of the day I would concentrate on eating pastas and rice.

On Sunday I would eat one more meal of simple sugars in the morning and then get back to a more low carb meal plan such as turkey breast with vegetables.

It worked well. Hope this helps.

I did this diet a few years ago. There is a book called "the anabolic diet" by DR. Mauro Dipasquale. I read that book before starting the diet. It explains EVERYTHING to expect from the diet. Yes, I did carb up on the weekends and my muscle felt PUMP by monday. I did the diet for about 6 weeks and came off of it. I couldn't handle it. It really backed me up if you know what I mean. I ate eggs, steak, chicken with skin, peanuts, cheese, bacon, sausage, etc.. Talk about a heartattack waiting to happen!!:D

Thanks a bunch guys. FSUwarrior thanks for the meal plan, that helps alot, gives me an idea.

Bump for anymore replies?

Clemdog,

Don't know if you posted this over on the diet board yet, but there are some people who really know their sh*t when it comes to Keto diets over there...

Top Bottom