Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Fitness Novice Comp - Peak Week

dbarns

Hi there, I'm entering my first comp 'fitness novice' devision this Sunday - 6 days out now! I started drinking 7 litres of water yesterday and will do this today, followed by 5-6 on Wednesday, 3-4 Thursday, 2-1 Friday and drop to 500ml below on Saturday through to comp day on Sunday... Does this sound right? Am carb depleting to no more than 50 grams until Thursday night... Then will carb load 200g max carbs daily Friday, Saturday through to Sunday mid day show. I will sip on red wine 30-45 mins before comp, eat a rice cracker with honey and probably have a bit of chocolate before go on stage just to aid with the vascular side, still cardio daily until Friday to try and drop a bit more fat ...Very DIY over here, entered this last minute for stage practise and confidence as the show I've been training for is not until 4 weeks away. Weight training at 80% also, higher reps / sets. Any feedback would be much appreciated in any of the areas mentioned above re peak week. Trying not to get this wrong haha I'm happy with my body's condition at the moment I just feel a little weak in the abdominal area, not 6 pack built but lean and have some lines there, just fitness devisions from what I know place a big emphasis on that area in terms of grading, hoping water will strip me back a bit if can get it our from under the skin...:) thanks.

I have a bit different views on water loading/ cutting. Are you using any AAS?? steroids? If not, if you're lean enough for the stage, there isn't a great deal of advantage to cutting water. IMO. There's a lot of research on this and also huge debates but often if you appear to be holding water, you are likely not lean enough (unless you are using something that will cause you to hold subQ water).

All that being said, if you're using this show as practice, I'd really take notes on what you're doing and see how you look and use it as a learning for the next time.

I'd also not do cardio after today. You don't want to cause yourself any undo inflammation in your muscles.

Top Bottom