Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Fighting a mountain lion

King Cobra said:
Grab it around the neck and squeeze...hard as a motherfucker. While you are doing that use your legs to force one of it's limbs to snap. If you hear it snap, be prepared for a sudden burst of energy as it's defense mechanism kicks in doing anything to get away...as if it hasn't been doing that already. Keep breaking things until you feel comfortable enough to let go and let it stumble off into the horizon.
Either that, or just lay down & pour A-1 sauce all over yourself. Same result.

gettinstrong00110 said:
u would hav a less than 10% chance of beating a mountain lion with ur bare hands. evolution has not looked favourably on humans when it comes to using nothing other than wat god gave us. the only thing u could hope for is a finger in its eyes. If its a bear then u can kiss ur ass goodbye, even with a weapon, unless its an m16.

I wouldn't take a 5.56mm against a BEAR ever. You'd be lucky if the round would penetrate the adipose tissue. Close range with a bear or any wild carnivore for that matter, I'd rather have a sidearm, preferably .45ACP or larger.

redguru said:
I wouldn't take a 5.56mm against a BEAR ever. You'd be lucky if the round would penetrate the adipose tissue. Close range with a bear or any wild carnivore for that matter, I'd rather have a sidearm, preferably .45ACP or larger.

I'd rather not BE at close range with a bear lol

tbuz67 said:
In certain places of the country, sightings of cougars are becoming more and more common. There have been cougar attacks in the U.S. in recent years that have resulted in human deaths. I'm guessing here, but a cougar may weigh between 115-150 lbs. I've read in Readers Digest about the mountain loin killings in California and they are a bit disturbing.
How would you defend yourself against a mountain lion? Do you think groundfighting tactics could work? How about striking?

What does everyone think?
Taken from 'The Worst Case Scenario Survival Handbook' - How to escape from a mountain lion.

1) Do not run.
2) Try to make yourself appear bigger by opeming your coat wide.
3) Do not crouch down.
4) Back away slowly or wait until the animal moves away.
5) If the lion behaves aggressively, throw stones.
6) Fight back if you are attacked.

I think the last one says it all. Some animals you may have a better chance by appearing as a non-threat but it semms with a mountain lion you've got to stand up and fight back.

Rather you than me though.

King Cobra said:
Grab it around the neck and squeeze...hard as a motherfucker. While you are doing that use your legs to force one of it's limbs to snap. If you hear it snap, be prepared for a sudden burst of energy as it's defense mechanism kicks in doing anything to get away...as if it hasn't been doing that already. Keep breaking things until you feel comfortable enough to let go and let it stumble off into the horizon.

Just remember, as long as it's on all 4's...you're probably fucked.

LOL! Thanks for the lion fighting tips man.

Top Bottom