Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Fighting a mountain lion

tbuz67

In certain places of the country, sightings of cougars are becoming more and more common. There have been cougar attacks in the U.S. in recent years that have resulted in human deaths. I'm guessing here, but a cougar may weigh between 115-150 lbs. I've read in Readers Digest about the mountain loin killings in California and they are a bit disturbing.
How would you defend yourself against a mountain lion? Do you think groundfighting tactics could work? How about striking?

What does everyone think?

I think it is a bad situation
this isn't a kid in school trying to take your lunch money or an angry coworker who wants to blacken your eye..
this is a killer that wants you dead
if you have something handy to strike it with that may help
I would personally rather keep to striking, I dont' like the idea of grappling with someone/thing that has built in razors and spikes...

mountain lions are gonna try to jump you from behind. You want to stare them down, yell, throw rocks, and generally try to look big

Other than that, carry a knife.

casualbb said:
mountain lions are gonna try to jump you from behind. You want to stare them down, yell, throw rocks, and generally try to look big

Other than that, carry a knife.

Springfield armory xd series .40 cal 4 inch service model should do it.

u would hav a less than 10% chance of beating a mountain lion with ur bare hands. evolution has not looked favourably on humans when it comes to using nothing other than wat god gave us. the only thing u could hope for is a finger in its eyes. If its a bear then u can kiss ur ass goodbye, even with a weapon, unless its an m16.

oc spray

Saint V said:
:rolleyes: that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard......you think a cougar has never killed anyone big? They ain't scared dude!

What he means by "big" is to make yourself appear large and scary by spreading out your arms and stuff... He doesn't mean "big" like a BBer, but like another large predator.

-BRR

There is no doubt that mountain lions are tough as nails in their own element, but if you go in with the right mindset anything is possible. Humans are capable of being fearless too you know.

First thing to realise is, unless you are 6'6 280 lbs of raw muscle, striking is a waste of your time. These things have tight ass muscle tissue capable of EXPLOSIVE and instantaneous power. They don't feel minor pain. So what you need to do is demobilize it, and then start looking for ways to cripple it. More specifically, breaking limbs while suffocating it. I'd reccomend getting it where it is laying on it's back on top of you on the ground. Have fun doing this...

Grab it around the neck and squeeze...hard as a motherfucker. While you are doing that use your legs to force one of it's limbs to snap. If you hear it snap, be prepared for a sudden burst of energy as it's defense mechanism kicks in doing anything to get away...as if it hasn't been doing that already. Keep breaking things until you feel comfortable enough to let go and let it stumble off into the horizon.

Just remember, as long as it's on all 4's...you're probably fucked.

Last edited:
Top Bottom