Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Exercises You Never See People Perform

Deadlifting and barbell rows. Definately barbell rows. Very rare to see anyone these days, at least in my gym doing barbell rows

exercises I do that no one does in my gym -

Full front squats using olympic grip.
full back squats
over head full squat
power clean
power snatch.
jump shrug
jumping clean pulls
clean pulls
shoulder width grip sternum pullups
hanging leg raise where you touch your knee on your chest or your feet on your hands
Push presses
sideways lunges
Glute ham raises on the floor

come to think of it, I bet 95% of the people on this board don't do these either :p

all uncomfortable exercises, especially the overhead squats and the front squats, feels like I'm gonna drown when I do em! But my word when you can front squat over 400lbs for reps, your upper body and core has gotta be big and strong to hold the bar in place

Last edited:
Ingram said:

Ahh shucks...

True enough, I've been hiding behind a computer screen for too long. :)

Yeah...but there is something wrong with you face in your avatar....can't figure it out..lol

B True

I love bb rows. hardly see anyone at my gym do these. deadlifts? what are those? and squats? I will be damned if anyone at my gym would show me how to do these(correctly)...

Actually, I see people do regular squats and barbell rows all the time. Of course they are no where near as common as benching and curling, but I still see it. Deadlifts are the real rarity. VERY few people do them, however I do see quite a few do the stiff leg variety (especially women).

Here are some other rare exercises.

Front Squats (In all my years of lifting I've seen someone do this exercise maybe twice).

Barbell Hack Squats (the one where you lift the bar off the ground behind your legs) I have NEVER seen anyone do this exercise. The only reason I even know it exists is cause I saw it in some book. I think I might give them a try.

Sissy Squats. Another one I've NEVER seen done in person; saw it in some weight training book. Probably one of the weirdest looking exercises out there. I don't even want to try this one.

Pullovers are getting rather rare these days too. Haven't seen anyone do them in awhile.

Other than the ones listed:

Zottman Curls
Reverse BB curls
DUMBELL power cleana and presses
REAL - aka bb hacks

Zottman curls are great man!! I can't beleive I didn't pick this ex earlier. It's also true for the followings: Reverse Hypers, Glute Ham Raise from the floor, Good Morning, heavy full Front Squat, Hang Clean/front Push Press/back Push Press complex, One-Legged Squat with dumbells, Single Calf Raise with dumbell ...

Let me see, the list of unknown exercises in my gym includes:

Full Frontsquat with Clean grip
Parrellel Frontsquat with cross grip
Power Clean & Press
Power Cleans
Cleans
Olympic squat
Miltary Press
Standing Shoulderpres
Zercher squat
Goodmornings
Pushpress