Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Example of European NABBA Figure Competitor

I know a few gals that have competed in the European NABBA-type shows figure classes, and the one thing all the top placers have in common is "juiced to the gills". NABBA figure (outside the US) has basically replaced the physique class. So you can either go FBB/NPC physique, or NABBA figure. This has been driven in large part by the adoption of the international FBB of Olympic level drug testing, and the complete lack of drug testing within the NABBA federation (naturals excepted). So if you're a natty and want to compete internationally, I suggest you stick with FBB affiliated federations. They also have very different criteria as to what is an acceptable 'figure' look, although it's getting leaner all around, and flabby or soft butts and thighs are not the look anymore (almost necessitating some kind of drug assistance). I wonder how long it will be before the US follows the rest of the world in their judging criteria?

There is definitely some juicing going on in both NABBA and WFF - especially at the top. I've been able to be pretty competitive without anabolics though - it was pretty openly acknowledged the only reason I didn't make top 5 in Germany was because it was my first "World" level show. Damn politics!

This NABBA show in June is going to be interesting though; I definitely have some challenges ahead of me. The women aren't large; they're just really lean. REALLY lean.

NPC can either be "tested" or "nontested" shows. Though its really obvious which shows are "nontested", the tested ones are sort of a joke too. Lie detector & voice stress analysis are not what I would call thorough testing. Those organizations that are strictly natural (e.g. NGA) are pretty thorough - basically any show where the winners have to do urine tests will do it.

NPC is all over the board with both tested & nontested, but my bet is that its a rare show of either type that has more than a few honestly totally natty competitors.

Shit that lady is TANNED. Then again, the Greeks are pretty dark to start with...

BTW why is there an emphasis on all-over tan in BB/figure contests? Does the darker skin tone make you look more ripped?

Darker skin makes a WORLD of difference. Just having a tan alone tends to make you look leaner - brings out the "muscle shadows" better. And when you're on stage under those big lights, you need a good dark color so you don't look washed out.

US figure doesn't necessarily have to go as dark as Popi, because there's less emphasis on leaness in the US (right now, at least). But if you're in a federation that emphasises leaness, the darker the better.

I think you would be surprised by the number natural competitors who compete in both untested and tested shows. I have competed in 10 contests so far in both types.

The lie detectors are pretty lame. I compete in the masters division so maybe less of us use, I dont know. The only contest where there was obvious use was a major show, The Emerald Cup ,( open contest) I went into that knowing what I was up againist.

I think alot of times people won't compete because of that , I feel that maybe that is an excuse.-valerie

Top Bottom