Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Drinking water

MrsMuscle

Advantages of drinking water - what are they? Also can you drink too much water...I am drinking abotu 4 ltrs a day at the moment, is that too much?

Well if you don't drink enough you'll get dehydrated which can cause headaches, dizziness, fainting while standing & low blood pressure. Dehydration is usually noticed after as little as 2% of normal water volume has been lost. Athletes can suffer as much as a 30% loss in performance thanks to even a little dehydration.

Drinking too much water can lead to what is known as water intoxication or water poisoning (water poisonous???) Water, can be poisonous if too much is drunk in too short a space of time. Water intoxication/poisoning occurs when water is being consumed at a high quantity without giving the body the proper nutrients it needs to be healthy. Having said that it's bloody hard to drink so much water without needing to rush to the loo!

I drink around 4litres or day and it's not too much at all. You need around 8 pints per day I believe it is and more if you're doing strenuous exercise. :)

Lovely, thank you CS! I read up about all that intoxication stuff so thought i would double check with the pros ;-)

My pleasure MrsM!
I get through just over 2L during the day and always down a large bottle if Evian before bed :)

Days like today when it's hot I'll drink more! My rule of thumb is; if it's yellow you're dehydrated. Clear = well hydrated! I read somewhere that if you feel thirsty you're down by nearly a quart (I believe a quart is just over a litre)

4 liters is just over 1 gallon. If you work out at all then that is nowhere NEAR intoxication levels. Unless you drink 4 liters in one sitting.

I drink 4 liters on a bad day. lol

Advantages of drinking water - what are they? Also can you drink too much water...I am drinking abotu 4 ltrs a day at the moment, is that too much?

well that much water may reduce digestive efficiency to some degree by perpetually diluting the gastric enzymes, but benefit your kidneys and liver, so hey it's a trade off.

Top Bottom