Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Doing it right

nangiggles

Team Bennettar
EF VIP
Haven't been in this section in a VERY long time :worried:

To sum up up until about a month ago my diet was random shit, I lived abroad for about 15 years so when I came back I stuffed myself with all the stuff "I haven't had since I was a kid" then family comes and they've never tried this and they want to eat out, bla bla, I'm over it now, had managed to lose 15 pounds by just eating better, breakfast was usually one or two eggs with whole grain/wheat bread, lunch was oven roasted boneless skinless chicken breast with broccoli florets, salad or brown rice (only one of those 3 sides), snacks were usually fruit or some -100 calorie snack (rice cakes, granola bar, etc) fast forward to a never ending sequence of family coming to town wanting to eat everywhere and I gained the damn weight back.

Last week I was placed on much needed ADHD meds and they have nullified my appetite, found myself at 8pm realizing I had only had a banana all day :( so I got some meal replacement shakes to substitute lunch, was having natural PB with whole wheat toast for breakfast, and then at night I'd have the chicken and broccoli, I've lost 9 pounds in a week.

ALL that being said I know that I'm not doing shit right, I cant be so hypocaloric with my intake, I'm 28, 5'1"and am at 181 pounds :)eek2:) I'm currently not working out because I have two jobs one of them being a night shift and I'm in training in the other one so am always at work and then studying home, so for the next two months I really dont have much time and/or energy for working out.

My actual question after all this BS I just rambled about is, WTF can I be eating to avoid eating too little but to help me lose weight since I'm not hungry/eating shit anyway?

Germaine need not apply :D :lmao:

Hahaha at the last part. I'd hate to answer your question with another question(unfortunatly I don't know a good answer for you!) but I was wondering how people are consuming the peanut butter? Do you just stick your spoon in there and eat that shit? Or do you spread it on your toast?

I and all my children have ADD/ADHD as well. What I've found that works best to make sure we don't end up with the side you're mentioning is two things: 1) Set alarms to remind us to eat, and 2) When we just absolutely can not eat, have a Boost/Protein Shake. Your other option is to increase your caloric density in your meals: i.e. still eat healthy foods, just go for the regular fat instead of low or non. Medication induced anorexia (which is what this side is called by dr.s) is a bitch! But, the alarms are the single biggest help we've found to avoid the complications that come from this.

BTW, a good greens powder used in a whole food juice is a good way to keep your nutrient intake up and can be used similarly to a protein shake as a meal replacement. The other thing that will help make sure you keep your nutrient intake up is to get a good liquid or chewable vitamin since these have a higher absorption rate than normal pills.

When all else fails, and you're trying to increase your appetite/interest in food, go to your favorite foods. At times like these, it can often be the calories that are more important than quality, but that depends on how long it's been since you last ate.

tl;dr.... i would stay off the nan roasts and stick to dwarf bananas for the next few weeks.:D

Hi Nan,

I really find sites like fitday.com helpful to ensure you are hitting your protein and caloric goals. It is right in front of your face, there's no guesswork involved.

Be CONSISTENT :) That's the main goal.

Regarding the non-working out stuff - suck it up :) You don't have to hit the gym right now if you don't have time but you can do workouts at home in 15 minutes. Anything is better than nothing. Pushups, situps, burpees (love that word), etc.

Burpees - YouTube

You have dogs right? Instead of walking them, take them for a jog, etc. Then when you figure the job situation out and have more time you will have great core strength and a good base for strength training.

Good luck!

I and all my children have ADD/ADHD as well. What I've found that works best to make sure we don't end up with the side you're mentioning is two things: 1) Set alarms to remind us to eat, and 2) When we just absolutely can not eat, have a Boost/Protein Shake. Your other option is to increase your caloric density in your meals: i.e. still eat healthy foods, just go for the regular fat instead of low or non. Medication induced anorexia (which is what this side is called by dr.s) is a bitch! But, the alarms are the single biggest help we've found to avoid the complications that come from this.

BTW, a good greens powder used in a whole food juice is a good way to keep your nutrient intake up and can be used similarly to a protein shake as a meal replacement. The other thing that will help make sure you keep your nutrient intake up is to get a good liquid or chewable vitamin since these have a higher absorption rate than normal pills.

When all else fails, and you're trying to increase your appetite/interest in food, go to your favorite foods. At times like these, it can often be the calories that are more important than quality, but that depends on how long it's been since you last ate.

I'm just starting out so I still dont fully know how much it's affecting my appetite, but the banana thing was a real eye opener, now I make sure I'm having something whether I want it or not, ironically my husband made some chicken wings and I had three and they kicked my stomach pretty bad, prob since I hadn't been eating very much, the greens and whole grain is what I've done mostly, oatmeal, granola, whole grain bread, etc for breakfast and snacks and the chicken and broccoli, just wanna make sure I'm covering all my bases as per protein, fat, grains, carbs, etc I've been using the natural PB for healthy fats, I might up the avocado as well.

@ Chewy, I know I need to workout, the last couple of day's I've wanted to get back on the horse and at least use my elliptical at home, I'm finally feeling a wee bit of energy to do it(prob the meds) between the jobs, lacks of days off, sleep apnea and vitamin D deficiency I could barely drag myself out of bed daily, now I feel a bit more energetic, hopefully next week I can sustain energy levels to start.

Oh and my dogs roam free in the fenced in property so they dont get walked daily ;)

K, well, start jogging them :) Just to clarify, I'm NOT calling you out on your dogs or something, just saying that I know you love your doggies so taking them for runs is a great way to exercise and spend some time with them. I love me some doggies :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom