Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Does your cat fetch?

man. I never let my cats outside to catch prey, Im afraid they will get squashed my a car. :(
Nor I. I live in a densely populated, formerly suburban, getting more urban every day, area. There's tons of traffic, even on the back streets and yet idiots around here let their cats roam like we live out in the freaking country :redhot:

awwww lol, one of mine does. but she likes screwed up receipts, oddly enough. shes pretty good at soccer, she will dribble the "ball" around for a mintue, then pick it up and bring it back.

My cat plays with crumpled up receipts. She loves it, we throw it up in the air and she hits it like it is a baseball..
My mom spend a shit ton of money on the cat getting her balls with bells, catnip, all kinds of toys, a cat house thing, etc.....She wont touch any of it, she just loves receipts and licking plastic shopping bags. Lol

someones a little obsessed with a cat.

you are so going to be a cat lady.
chris is going to be spending half of his net income on cat nip and food/treats.

you'll probably make him eat that, and let the cats have gourmet dinners and salmon prepared by chris every night.

your going to have to choose someday. chris or the cats!

My cat plays with crumpled up receipts. She loves it, we throw it up in the air and she hits it like it is a baseball..
My mom spend a shit ton of money on the cat getting her balls with bells, catnip, all kinds of toys, a cat house thing, etc.....She wont touch any of it, she just loves receipts and licking plastic shopping bags. Lol

ahahaha lol, exactly the same as my furry little fucker. i buy them presents for their birthdays and christmas, wrap them up, get the toys out for them, and they are more interested in the wrapper than the actual toy!
bless them. i didnt used to be too keen on cats before i got them. now i love the little bastards to bits.

Nor I. I live in a densely populated, formerly suburban, getting more urban every day, area. There's tons of traffic, even on the back streets and yet idiots around here let their cats roam like we live out in the freaking country :redhot:

I live in a kind of typical "midtown" area, it was The Suburbs between 1890 and WWI. I'm only half a block from the main drag through my area, which has a small 4-block-long business district. But my side-street area seems safe enough to let the cat out. He also has access to some semi-wooded area. Anyway, he's been going out here for 14 years and seems to deal with it responsibly.

I looked at her and realized something was hanging out of her mouth ... she had the entire mouse in her mouth and the tail was hanging out.

The one time I saw my cat like that, with the tail hainging out of his mouth, he swallowed.

I live in a kind of typical "midtown" area, it was The Suburbs between 1890 and WWI. I'm only half a block from the main drag through my area, which has a small 4-block-long business district. But my side-street area seems safe enough to let the cat out. He also has access to some semi-wooded area. Anyway, he's been going out here for 14 years and seems to deal with it responsibly.
You have to do what you're comfortable with. I saw a retriever get hit by a car less than half a block from my house and my own dog was killed when it got away from my mother right in front of our place. At least twice a year my husband and/or I are forced to dispose of the remains of some poor beast (most recently it was the local stray cat that would mooching around the area for a couple years). I would never, in my lifetime, willingly let my cats out of the house. While the hunt has it's appeal, since I do not have a single cat household, with six of them they can (and do) hunt each other quite well.

I've figured the average cat to possess the approximate reasoning skills of a 2 to 3 year old child and there is no way in hell I would let a toddler run loose around here. That is, in fact, the rule of thumb I use vis a vis allowing my pets to go out unsupervised, would I allow my toddler to go out, unsupervised, under the same circumstances?

This is NOT an area I think dogs, cats or children under the age of 10 should traverse without adult supervision, ever.

Top Bottom