Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Does SUGAR makes you fat?

S

SSAlexSS

hello all!

I am currently thinking about bulking up and I avoid sugar. I remember that I heard that it makes you fat. Well, does the CALORIES taken from sugar or sugar itself makes you fat? Some things make you fat regardless of calories (like wheat or something you have problems digesting).

So is simple sugar a bad choice for calories? I don't want to get fatter than I should get. ( from bulking).

Also, what high fat food DO NOT CONTAIN SUGARS/CONTAIN SUGARS?

reply please!

thanks

basic rule: eat more calories than you burn off and you'll get fat

but i always wonder if you can apply this rule to sugar, because when eating complex carbs the body has to break them down first, that means that you won't get 100grams sugar out of 100grams complex carbs once they are broken down, right?
as we know fat is stored when excess calories are consumed or the glycogen (sp?) stores of the body are full, and you keep eating carbs

consequently it takes more complex carbs to fill those stores than sugar

in conclusion you get fatter when eating lots of sugar than lots of complex carbs (woohoo i'm such a smartass)

i'd say that it's all a question of quantity, some sugar won't hurt you, especially when bulking

diamonddiceclay said:
sugar screws up your insulin level and does, for that reason, cause weight fluctuation

It increases your insulin levels? Well, should that be nice? I mean insulin is used by bodybuilders! It is like steroids@! (except it is legal, and it can also kill you

The time it takes for your body to break down complex carbs into sugars isn't a factor, in most cases. In the GI index, maltodextrins and glucose are rated the same or very close, so it must not be any significant time. I've never noticed any advantages of eating high GI complex carbs(bread, rice,etc) over meso-tech bars (sugars).

I'm not sure if you get 100 grams of sugar from 100 grams of complex carbs, but my guess is that you do or you get very close to 100. I don't know how the process works, but my experiences with high GI complex carbs don't support th at notion.

It makes sense, but I just hate what high GI complex carbs have done to me. Maybe if I ate more high GI sugars it would have been worse, I don't know.

Maybe in the case of fiber, you are eating calories that won't be digested, but I don't know about 100 grams of sugar vs 100 grams of complex carbs with no fiber in the picture.

Whether bulking or dieting it is a good idea to avoid lots of sugar. The exception is postworkout. The number of grams of carbs is not the same as the grams of FOOD. In other words 100 grams of (uncooked) rice supplies around 75-80 grams of carbs. Compare this to granulated sugar that supllies 99.9 grams of carbs per 100 grams.

As dice alluded, the main consideration is not whether a carb is 'complex' or 'simple'. What's more important from your bodies point of view is the Insulin impact of the carbs, in other words high GI foods cause a greater rise in insulin than low GI carbs regardless of their complexity.

A simple rule of thumb for high fat foods that are low in sugar is this: Don't eat processed foods. Fats and carbs do not found together to any great extent in naturally occurring foods. This rule of thumb also works pretty well for eliminating carbs that spike your insulin. So meats, nuts and seeds (and oils made from nuts and seeds), seafood, avocados, olive oil, eggs etc... are all sources of low carb fats. Raw fruits and vegetables, whole grains, beans and roots (ie spuds, sweet potato) are relatively low GI foods.

sugar can be bad ...its just when you eat it

you can have sugar after a workout or in the morning and not have to worry about it being stored as fat

you can eat it in a meal inbetween some protein and some roughage(ie...brochili,lettuce,carrots)

the protein and roughage will slow you insulin release down before the sugar is thrown into your system

but it is better to eat it only in the morning and after workout

Top Bottom