Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

do you work triceps with biceps OR chest?

do you work your TRICEPS along with chest or biceps?

• chest

Votes: 28 80.0%
  • biceps

Votes: 7 20.0%

• Total voters
I heard something like:
Triceps get fatigued by the time you're done with chest and so when you start training triceps you do not get the full workout for them. So this is why some train biceps/triceps because they want to give a full workout for triceps.

But me personally, chest/triceps/shoulders

I have been seeing some good gains going with my current split chest/calves,back/bi's, (1 day rest) legs, shoulders/tris (two days rest)

edited: (added rest days)

I haven't done a typical bodybuilder split in awhile, but next time I do it'd likely be:

chest/back-great upper body pump feeling. Also nice doing 1 set of chest then 1 set of back and repeat etc.
Shoulders/traps

REST

Biceps/Triceps
Legs

REST

Repeat

I heard something like:
Triceps get fatigued by the time you're done with chest and so when you start training triceps you do not get the full workout for them.

i think that would be perfect then. fatigue them out then zero in on them for a few sets at the end.

i dont get why you wouldn't get the full workout, if anything you would be overtraining them. i do my chest exercises then use the rope on the triceps, and then hit the floor and do pushups, then jump up and use the rope.. back and forth for 5 sets. by the end my triceps are shot.

i'm getting very good results doing this.. my triceps are my best muscle. wish the biceps were that easy to train

Old thread, but I work my Bi's and tri's together. I like to get as much out of my arms as I can. I used to do the whole push/pull method, I have had better gains this way.

Top Bottom