Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

do you work triceps with biceps OR chest?

do you work your TRICEPS along with chest or biceps?

• chest

Votes: 28 80.0%
  • biceps

Votes: 7 20.0%

• Total voters
Chest/bis - fratboy day haha

Shoulders/tris

This is how I currently split them up.

I really like chest/delts/tris on a three day a week split when time is tight.

My delts and tris were kinda lacking so I prioitized them by training them together at the first of the week.

I can hit delts/tris on Monday the get a good chest workout on Thursday. Since there's a lot of overlap in the three muscle groups I'm getting some extra volume which seems to help.

I've tried various splits, and my best is bi's/tri's/traps on one day, and chest/lats other day. The reason is that in my case, my tri's get worked hard by default on bench presses, so they're already exhausted and don't do as well if I to a tricep workout on the same day. When I do biceps and triceps together, it works fine, since they aren't riding each other for energy. Sometimes I'll do lats on either split, but usually they're on chest day due to wanting it to take about the same amount of time for each split day.

Charles

I always do Tris/Chest but have been wondering if Tris/Bis would be better. It would have to be a few days before/after the chest workout otherwise I would think they would be getting overtrained.

Top Bottom