Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

do you know anyone that got their degree from a correspondence university?

I don't see any problem with it if you are doing it for your own satisfaction. Many employers (public and private) will only accept degrees from accredited universities. I am looking at going back for an MBA in finance, however, it has to be with a well known, reputable university. Currently, Portland State University and Oregon State University are my two picks (for night school). I would like to do an online degree because it would be so much easier and would not take as much time away from my wife and kids.

I just can't afford to make an investment in a program and recieve a degree that doesn't count in the real world. I think more employers are opening up to this idea of online education, though not enough for me to risk it.

can you imagine taking art sculpture classes? the shipping fees alone would kill you for submitting your work.

I took one Chemistry course through the correspondence university here in Canada (called Athabasca) and the labs were weird. You got the full lab kit in the mail and basically had to go out and buy your own lab coat and do the experiments yourself in your basement or whereever and mail in the reports. Pros were that if you wanted you could do three in one day and bang them out and get them done. Cons are getting motivated to do crap like that when your TV is upstairs.

I knew a guy who was getting a business degree from the university of Pheonix and tried to pay me to write his thesis. BLEH.

:rolleyes:

NickyE3 said:
the college I go to now has over 3,000 distant learning students, lots of peeps in the army and navy. I have taken a couple online classes as well
thats were i got my Associates Degree in business management.and yes i got it in 3 months..... :)

heatherrae said:
I knew a guy who was getting a business degree from the university of Pheonix and tried to pay me to write his thesis. BLEH.

:rolleyes:

is the U. Of Phoenix really that bad? Is it a joke in the real world?

Top Bottom