Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do you guys believe in 'shocking' the muscle

Mabye I'm just too old school, but before I got injured and had to change the way I train, I'd stay on a routine for as long as it kept working for me. As long as the poundages went up and I was getting bigger I didn't see any reason to change. One thing that really pisses me of at my gym is when I tell a trainee to do something like Incline Press for chest, and they whine back "I did that last week." Sometimes I feel more like a babysitter than a gym owner. It's no wonder that these whiners are always the one's who never make any progress. O.M.G.

WD30 said:
I hope u are joking, repetetive style movements ie excersises, are of no good my freind.
Change it up often

so, are youre saying if i do squats for 5x5 (adding weight every session) for 8 weeks, i wont gain anything? lol

maybe i should do leg ext one day, then squats the next day, leg press the next and hack squats the next, not keeping track of anything and ill grow!

brb

I was wondering the same thing too as my program has remained the same for quite the past little while (squats, bench, chins, deads, military, rows, dips), but I figure that I'll just keep at it until the increases in all exercises stop.

I think what everyone is overlooking is that EVENTUALLY YOU WILL STAGNATE IN STRENGTH..if this was not true everyone would be going up 5lbs a week on exercises forever...it is when you get stuck that you should find a replacement for that exercise and go as far as you can with it.....or change your rep\set scheme for that current exercise....

For instance...a previous poster was talking about incline BB presses...these have been first in my push workouts for a long time but recently I stagnated so I will be alternating between BB and DB....

There is no need to search for endless amounts of exercises to try and "fill the void" of the exercise you got stuck with....eventually so long as you are eating correctly\sleeping correctly all that good stuff YOU WILL GET STRONGER in that exercise

Progress until you stall out (i.e., if it's broke, don't fix it), then switch something up. Stick with that until you stall once more. Continue like this. It's pretty simple.

Debaser said:

fuck we agree on something... :mix: unless your in a serious plateau why does one need to "shock" the muscle..adding weight to the bar each week should be enough shock..not that im endorsing DC training but his expalantion makes sense:
k) I think the biggest fallacy in bodybuilding is "changing up" "keeping the body off balance"--you can keep the body off balance by always using techniques or methods that give your body a reason to get bigger=strength. If you don't write down your weights and every time you enter the gym you go by feel and do a different workout (like 98% of the gym members who never change do now) what has that done? Lets say Mr. Hypothetical gym member does 235 for 9 on the bench press this week, "tries to keep his body guessing" by doing 80LBS for 13 on flyes next week, 205 for 11 on inclines the week after, 245 on hammer press for 12 the week after that --and so on and so on---there is only a limited number of exercises you can do. Two months later when he does bench presses again and does 235 for 8 or 9 has he gained anything? Absolutely NOT! Four months later he does hammer presses for 245 for 11 (again) do you think he has given his body any reason to change? Take 2 twins and have one do a max squat for 20 reps and the other twin giant set 4 leg exercises with the same weight. All year long have the first twin blast away until he brings his squat with 20 reps from 185LBS to 400LBS. Have the second twin giant set four exercises every workout with the same weight he used in his first workout all year long. Believe me he is always going to be sore and he will be shocking the body every time but the sad truth is he will not gain shit after about the third leg workout because the load didn't change. There is no reason for his legs to grow in size due to the strength demand presented. The first twin who can now squat 400 for 20 is going to have some incredible wheels.

It's amazing how some times people overcomplicate things needlessly. Science is correct many times, but it's taken too far when we tend to overlook the most basic, sensible ideas. That is one of the best things I learned from DC. It just makes sense. Obviously, training with triples will probably yield strength without size, but that's due to the extreme nerual activity and lack of breakdown of the muscle fibers. I believe so, anyway.

Tom Treutlein said:
It's amazing how some times people overcomplicate things needlessly. Science is correct many times, but it's taken too far when we tend to overlook the most basic, sensible ideas. That is one of the best things I learned from DC. It just makes sense. Obviously, training with triples will probably yield strength without size, but that's due to the extreme nerual activity and lack of breakdown of the muscle fibers. I believe so, anyway.

Yeh....I think it comes down to this...most people simply don't want to add weight to the bar...they want to be in a "comfort zone" where they are using weights they have used 100x before

Top Bottom