Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Diet

localgirl

Hi There Ladies,

Just wanted to obtain some feedback on my diet. I just finished reading Tom V's Burn the Fat/ Feed the muscle ( good recommend. Tat! It was great)
And his food consumption suggestions run a little too much for me. I cannot get in that many full meals in a day. This is my current diet, if anyone has any suggestions, Thank you!!! :)

Meal 1
Oatmeal ( slow cooked oats) Sprinkled w/ few walnuts & splenda
1 cup green tea
Efa's

Meal 2
Banana
protien shake ( this is a new edition)

Meal 3
1/2 cup brown rice, fish( salmon or haddock) OR chicken OR tofu\
1/2 cup steamed brocolli
Carrots- handful
Home made granola/ protien bar
efa's
Meal 4
Protien Shake

* GYM*
Meal 5
Cell mass shake
Egg white omlette w/ veggies ( ketcup on it bad? or should I stick w/ salsa?)

I know theres' some holes, if anyone can fill them in for me...
Also, anyone hear of smelling ammonia when changing to a high protien diet?

localgirl said:
Hi There Ladies,

Just wanted to obtain some feedback on my diet. I just finished reading Tom V's Burn the Fat/ Feed the muscle ( good recommend. Tat! It was great)

You're welcome, he does make things pretty clear.

And his food consumption suggestions run a little too much for me. I cannot get in that many full meals in a day. This is my current diet, if anyone has any suggestions, Thank you!!! :)

If you haven't been eating as much as is recommended (and it is only a pretty good rule of thumb based on the work of some physiologists) , you don't want to jump up to that number of calories all in one go. The body likes balance, so slowly, slowly, seduce it to get it to do what you want

Meal 1
Oatmeal ( slow cooked oats) Sprinkled w/ few walnuts & splenda
1 cup green tea
Efa's
Add 20-30 g of whey protein to oats, about one scoop, it's yummy too.

Meal 2
Banana
protien shake ( this is a new edition)

Meal 3
1/2 cup brown rice, fish( salmon or haddock) OR chicken OR tofu\
1/2 cup steamed brocolli
Carrots- handful
Home made granola/ protien bar
efa's Why so many calories here? I would have the home made granola bar/protien bar before the gym
Meal 4
Protien Shake

* GYM*
Meal 5
Cell mass shake
You need some carbs post work out

Egg white omlette w/ veggies ( ketcup on it bad? or should I stick w/ salsa?)
Both ketchup and salsa can have refined sugar in them, which is ok post workout if you are working on putting on muscle). You could do with carbs in this meal as well, a nice bit of sprouted wheat, ezekiel bread? I make my own salsa, it is dead easy

I know theres' some holes, if anyone can fill them in for me...

One meal before bed.
Also, anyone hear of smelling ammonia when changing to a high protien diet?

How much protein are you eating?

I know my urea levels have been a lot higher in blood tests.

I did read something else about ammonia and protein, I will have to double check, but I think something like zinc or magnesium supplementation helped with it.

Just to be on the safe side, has anyone in your family had a history of diabetes or low clearance, any kidney issues?

Tatyana said:
How much protein are you eating?

I did read something else about ammonia and protein, I will have to double check, but I think something like zinc or magnesium supplementation helped with it.

Just to be on the safe side, has anyone in your family had a history of diabetes or low clearance, any kidney issues?

Actually, I do have some kidney issues & yes, diabetes runs in the family.
Ive been cleared for that though.
Thanks for the constructive critizism. I usually am just so hungry at lunch time, thats why so many calories. I will try to drink more water throughout the day, that should help right?

localgirl said:
Actually, I do have some kidney issues & yes, diabetes runs in the family.
Ive been cleared for that though.
Thanks for the constructive critizism. I usually am just so hungry at lunch time, thats why so many calories. I will try to drink more water throughout the day, that should help right?

Yes it does.

The extra protein at breakfast will help, and eating solid food helps.

Our bodies don't recognise liquid calories all that well it seems.

Tatyana said:

Do you recall what your BUN levels were, Tat?

I had a pal whose levels were reaching over 21 mg.'s at one time! He reduced his protein intake and it came back down within a month.

If I recall- "normal" is 10-14?

Any word on the zinc or mag. supp's helping w/ the ammonia scent?

I dont know if I should be really worried, or what? I'll make a doc. appt. but it is VERY hard to get in to see a doc. in my current town.

Thanks Tat, your always so helpful :bigkiss:

vixensghost said:
Do you recall what your BUN levels were, Tat?

I had a pal whose levels were reaching over 21 mg.'s at one time! He reduced his protein intake and it came back down within a month.

If I recall- "normal" is 10-14?

We don't use the same units in the UK as the US.

Mine were over 10 mmol/L, which is very high.

I have some forms to have bloods done again, my GP is great for that.

I do need to get them done again, I am meant to time it with a point in my period right now, and I keep missing that time frame.

:rolleyes:

localgirl said:
Any word on the zinc or mag. supp's helping w/ the ammonia scent?

I dont know if I should be really worried, or what? I'll make a doc. appt. but it is VERY hard to get in to see a doc. in my current town.

Thanks Tat, your always so helpful :bigkiss:

Thanks hun

:)

I read something about this recently, it is meant to help.

It is not like you can OD on magnesium or zinc, and a lot of people are often a bit deficient, so I would go for it and see if you notice any difference.

As far as Supplementation Add Ons:

~I am a Firm Believer it POST workout Creatine for any athelete
3 grams of MCC or Creatine should do it for women

~R-ala or Alpha Lipoc acid with you carb meals to keep Insulin Leveled and also provide other benefits

~Glutamine also works wonders for Immune and muscle repair

Top Bottom