Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Diet advice please- struggling to get cut/more riped!!

Ok 800 in total.. They tend to carry a lot of carbs.. Maybe switch to whey only.. You can get all of the protein for a third of the calories and virtually no carbs..

This should help in having a calorie deficit below your bmr/tdee

Ok 800 in total.. They tend to carry a lot of carbs.. Maybe switch to whey only.. You can get all of the protein for a third of the calories and virtually no carbs..

This should help in having a calorie deficit below your bmr/tdee

Ok, I understand what yiu are saying, but won't taht mean im a bit short on carbs pre and PWO?

Cut out the fruit, toast and mass gainer shake, stick with straight up whey pre and post workout and add some CLA/Flaxseed oil in place of carbs.

If your serious about getting results you should do a google search for CKD diet.. This diet shreds me up in no time, especially if your doing HIIT cardio.

I think your calories are too high..

All the foods you eat are good..

The mass gainers tend to have a lot of carbs.. Maybe switch to just whey..

Switch breads for green veg except in the morning..

Just my view

i agree with this, and thats why i posted the bmr calculator link. when i cut i eat about 2000-2200 cals. depending on your portion sizes are you could be significantly over your bmr number.

Cut out the fruit, toast and mass gainer shake, stick with straight up whey pre and post workout and add some CLA/Flaxseed oil in place of carbs.

If your serious about getting results you should do a google search for CKD diet.. This diet shreds me up in no time, especially if your doing HIIT cardio.

Ok, will do, but what about carbs pre & post workout?

I only do post w/o carbs to be honest w/ you and keep this under 40 grams. Pre workout carbs are overrated in my opinion and experience. A nice pre workout supp like an EC stack works real nice

My last 12 week CKD cycle brought me from 14.2% bodyfat to just over 7.5%

One more thing, plenty of water! At least 1gallon per day, it does wonders!

Good luck

Your meal times seem to get a little strange after 16:00. Your pre-workout meal is at 17:15 then your post-workout drink is at 19:00. I'm assuming you're hitting the gym between 17:30 and 18:00? If this is the case, then eliminate the meal at 17:15. Give your body time to absorb the 16:00 meal. By eating at 17:15, you're not giving your body enough time to absorb the meal at 16:00. Eating again at 17:15 you're just adding unwanted calories, making it difficult for your body to burn fat. Then you're drinking a "mass gainer shake" at 19:00, so between 16:00 and 19:00 you're taking in way to many calories. I think this is where your main problem is at. IMO, eliminate the 17:15 meal, and the weight gainer shake. The WG shake contains to many simple carbs, simple carbs are not good to take in when cutting. The reason is, SC's spike your insulin levels making you more susceptible to storing fat. Drink a straight protein shake right after your completely done with your workout. Then 45min to 1 hr later eat your steak or chicken with veggies. Push back the meal at 22:30 at least a 1/2 hr to an 1hr, give your body time to absorb the food. They say minimal time for absorption is 2 hrs. I feel it depends on the person. Ie: how much sauce they're on, how lean they are, goals. I think where your at you should go 2 1/2 to 3 hrs between meals.

If you're really serious, then eliminate the cheat day for a while. Once, you start seeing the results you want, then cheat if you want too. Fifteen minutes of cardio is not suffice even doing it after your weight training. I'm personally not a fan of doing cardio after weight training. However, everyone is different and has different schedules and cannot separate the two. Anyway, try to up you cardio to at least 30 min a session, if you have the time to separate cardio from weight training. Then do cardio first thing in the morning for 45min on a empty stomache.

You will see results from CKD and general carb cycling but I think dropping the mass gainers and substituting them for whey only will do wonders for you.. And you won't feel hungry either (or like you're missing out)

Best of luck!

Your meal times seem to get a little strange after 16:00. Your pre-workout meal is at 17:15 then your post-workout drink is at 19:00. I'm assuming you're hitting the gym between 17:30 and 18:00? If this is the case, then eliminate the meal at 17:15. Give your body time to absorb the 16:00 meal. By eating at 17:15, you're not giving your body enough time to absorb the meal at 16:00. Eating again at 17:15 you're just adding unwanted calories, making it difficult for your body to burn fat. Then you're drinking a "mass gainer shake" at 19:00, so between 16:00 and 19:00 you're taking in way to many calories. I think this is where your main problem is at. IMO, eliminate the 17:15 meal, and the weight gainer shake. The WG shake contains to many simple carbs, simple carbs are not good to take in when cutting. The reason is, SC's spike your insulin levels making you more susceptible to storing fat. Drink a straight protein shake right after your completely done with your workout. Then 45min to 1 hr later eat your steak or chicken with veggies. Push back the meal at 22:30 at least a 1/2 hr to an 1hr, give your body time to absorb the food. They say minimal time for absorption is 2 hrs. I feel it depends on the person. Ie: how much sauce they're on, how lean they are, goals. I think where your at you should go 2 1/2 to 3 hrs between meals.

If you're really serious, then eliminate the cheat day for a while. Once, you start seeing the results you want, then cheat if you want too. Fifteen minutes of cardio is not suffice even doing it after your weight training. I'm personally not a fan of doing cardio after weight training. However, everyone is different and has different schedules and cannot separate the two. Anyway, try to up you cardio to at least 30 min a session, if you have the time to separate cardio from weight training. Then do cardio first thing in the morning for 45min on a empty stomache.

You know what, you are spot on...that is brilliant advice, you are right in what you say....Im gonna order a plain whey protein shake tommorow!

Top Bottom