Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Did the Bill Starr routine for 10 weeks..looking to change

Shepherd4 said:
First, a routine is a routine, and they're all about 97% identical. The real question is: what are you going to do in Week 2? In other words, the mojo in the 5x5 isn't the set/rep scheme, or even the exercises themselves -- it's the planned progression from week to week resulting in a peak in volume, followed by a second buildup to a peak in intensity. Can you improve based on the routine above? It looks like typical unfocused bodybuilder junk to me, but sure, you can improve on it -- but only if you know what to do after Week 1.

Second, if 5x5 is working great for you, why do you want to change? I understand from your later post that your shoulders and lats have lost some mass. So, why not just take the 5x5 template, back off the benching a little bit, and add in a few sets of whatever-you-do-for-delts-and-lats at the end of one or two workouts?

WELL SAID.

I'm not trying to be rude, Troy, but did the stuff from Pendlay miss you completely? Try to digest what he's saying there. Don't go all ADD. LoL Make a few logical tweaks like Shepherd4 is describing.

Just punish yourself in the gym with super heavy weights. When you feel like your arms or legs or back are gonna break...go home.

Top Bottom