Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Deadlifts every other week?

ROAD DOG

In the last 2 weeks I have had 2 different people in my gym tell me you should only do deadlifts once every 2 weeks.Is this true?If you are on the juice should you be able to do them every week?

did they just tell you this to be telling you, or did they give you a reason why you should do this? i would be interested in theyre answers..................:rolleyes:

peace

I do them every two weeks so I can do heavy squats on the week that I am not doing dead lifts. I know that this is a rule that several guys follow.

Hope this helps.

LC
:angel:

that at least makes some sense to me....... i was just curious as to what THEYRE answers would be. there are so many know it alls telling people what to do , with no real knowledge........ i am wondering if this is the case here.

peace

Deadlifts are a heavy basic movement that builds thickness,go with whats good for you.If you can do em every week and feel like your gettin something out of it,why stop? :D

The guys that told me that said if you do them every week you will become overtrained because it is such a demanding exercise.I guess I will make my own decision on that.I will try them every week and see what happens.

I would recommend doing deadlifts every other week altering them with partial deadlifts.

Partials serve as excellent way for you body to adjust to heavier weight.

I typically use at least 100-200lbs more weight when doing partials.

I guess it might happen,you could instead of working in a heavy manner such as 405 for 8-10 reps you could drop the weight and do high reps...if ya get bored with that try weighted hyperexstentions,both kill my lower back,gotta love it!:)

I used to do them with every back workout. (once a week)
But I found that sometimes my lower back was never really 100% recovered. It felt great before hand, but once I got into the workout I could tell. I found that it was tightening up really bad on leg day, (squats) and when back day rolled around again, whoa! It was VERY tight and it was distracting me so much that my workout was suffering.

Now I hit deads every second back workout. I feel a lot better on leg day and especially on back day. My back doesn't tighten up to the point where I'm in pain aymore, and I can train with a lot more intensity.

I think what it comes down to is personal preference though. Not everyone is the same. Some can hit deads every week, while others might hit them every second week or maybe once a month.......who knows.
If you feel like you are fully recovered when you do deads every week, and you can train with max intensity and are still making good progress, then go for it!

Just listen to your body and you should be o.k.

:cool:

Top Bottom