Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Deadlift Poll

Hoe do you deadlift

• Sumo

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Convnetional palms facing out

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Convnetional palms facing in

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • Don't do them

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FOZY

Dead lifts...So many damn ways to go about them, just trying to see what the majority of people do. I recently just switched from sumo to comvnetional and like the switch......

Any reason behind what you do would be appreciated

Last edited:
Lower Back problems, unfortunately I dont do them but would love to. One of the best overall excercises, up there with the squat, bench and chin ups.

If I did it would be palms in.

Great exercise, also got bad lower back pain so cant do them any more, unless I want to be crippled for a week after it, I do it palms in, my technique is crap and I cant get the legs into the equation at all, still I can shift a 630 from the floor. Take care bro.

You know what I have found......

With sumo style I have much less pressure on my lower back and my legs and ass get much more of the work

now that I have switched to conventional ( Last 3 wks) I notice my overall back ( especially lower) get most of the grunt. So for now even though I am at pussy weight with these I think they are more bvenificial to me then the sumo style.

I feel like I have to start alover with the conventional style, I tried to go heavy ( like what i was doing with sumo) and my lower back was all messed up. I think it takes time to srengthen that area

my conclusion

sumo = more legs and gluts

conventionla= overall back and some legs

Stiff Legged, hard and DEEP!

I do mine stiff legged. I Go heavy with four sets of ten, alternating grips. Sumo style and conventional style take away the full range of motion you get with stiff legged d-lifts.

thats the assumption I was under...tried them a couple of times and REALLY felt them in my hams

Re: STIFF LEGGED DEADS............

mtgmt4 said:
thought stiffs were for working hams only??? am i misled?

No way Bro!!!
Stiff legged work the hammys very minorly. If you do a few sets of stiff legged and your
hammys are sore the next day, then you need to work on your hammys more. Stiff legged
put most of the stress directly on your lower and middle back (not to mention traps, etc),
namely the spinal erectors. Some glute work too. This exercise is not good if you have a
history of lower back pain. It's good if you're concerned about strengthening the lower
back. Perfect form is a MUST.

I think you guys are talking about 2 different exercises.
Deadlift = powerlifter movement
Stiff Legged Deadlift = ham exercise

SUMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D
Just the way I was taught and tried the others but It just felt wrong doing them that way.

Go with SUMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think that it gives better balance and I just grow like crazy when I do them.

GO with SUMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

Top Bottom