Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Deadlift Poll

Hoe do you deadlift

• Sumo

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Convnetional palms facing out

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Convnetional palms facing in

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • Don't do them

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I do 'em conventional with palms facing inwards. Great for back.
I feel stiff-legged deads mainly in my hams but also all up my back.

Been doing sumo for a while, recently made the switch and my back is thanking me. Feals MUCH more worked then when doing sumo style,,,,,But thats just me everyone is diiferent...

I can pull MUCH more weight in sumo style then with the conventional style. Also my fingers feel like they are going to fall off with just 225 with conv. I have never used straps in my life but am going to buy some for this 1 exersize

even the Sumo way its killing my lower back........ so sad cause it was such a good exercise

there are different types of stiff legs too. Romanian DL's(arched back) hit the hams differently than normal SDLs. Then you have keystone deadlifts, where you can really overload the hams in the top part.

Hugh Gellatts said:
there are different types of stiff legs too. Romanian DL's(arched back) hit the hams differently than normal SDLs. Then you have keystone deadlifts, where you can really overload the hams in the top part.

Arched back?? Isn't that really bad for your spine? I always do mine with my back
flat as a board, and paralell to the floor.

Sumo

Sumo, palms in, no straps until I start dropping the weight which is pretty quickly. I suck at deads, my forearms are by far my weakest bodypart, even with straps, my forearms are holding me back on this exercise. To remedy this I am trying this: alternate each week-full deads, then partials. On partials I try to concentrate on my forearms for 3 sets, then do my three heavy sets for my back. On full deads it's all about the deadlift-for back.

Stiffs ARE definitely for hams if you're doing them right. You might be thinking of a "parillo" type stiff leg, where you intentionally arch your back and knees are at 5-10 degress. I have done stiff plenty and I feel them in my hams exclusively, that's how I like it too.

Rugger

Conventional dls are my second fav. exercise. I drive up with my quads and my back hardly feels it.

When my stance is very wide I recruit more lower back, but I usually do a shoulder width stance.

Top Bottom