Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Deadlift Poll

Hoe do you deadlift

• Sumo

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Convnetional palms facing out

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Convnetional palms facing in

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • Don't do them

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
MaxBiceps said:
Whoever thinks stiff legged deadlifts are for hamstrings, has obviously never done them
before.

You're close but not quite right. Whoever thinks stiff leggeds are not for hamstrings obviously has never done them right.

stiffs for hams

yo max bi's i do stiffs on my leg days and love them did conventional deads this week as well, i much rather do Good mornings for strength in lower back but i think everyone has their own preference, btw i do one palm in and one palm out conv, style and had nice little scars on my shins ouch!

"Arched back?? Isn't that really bad for your spine? I always do mine with my back
flat as a board, and paralell to the floor."

I don't mean slumped forward, I mean flat back, chest up... like the way your back is on a proper high-bar squat.

this is actually easier on your spine as you don't get the same amount of disc compression on the lower spine.

I do Deads both ways. When I start going heavier, I go Sumo. I think it works better for taller guys 6'+. If your low back is really getting thrashed, your probably not dropping your ass far enough. It should feel like your sitting back onto a chair. I used to have a sore back before I was coached, that made a world of difference.

Grizzly said:

You're close but not quite right. Whoever thinks stiff leggeds are not for hamstrings obviously has never done them right.

In that case, explain to me what the fuck is so different btwn a stif legged dl and
a hyperextension??????

IT'S THE SAME MOVEMENT LOSER!!

Just one (the dl) is done standing up.

Hugh Gellatts said:
"Arched back?? Isn't that really bad for your spine? I always do mine with my back
flat as a board, and paralell to the floor."

I don't mean slumped forward, I mean flat back, chest up... like the way your back is on a proper high-bar squat.

this is actually easier on your spine as you don't get the same amount of disc compression on the lower spine.

Oh, Gotcha. :)

Hey max-biceps, im not tryin to argue with ya, but i do conventional deads(palms both in) at the end of my back routine, and dumbell stiff legged deads(legs straight) at the end of my leg routine(after leg curls).
And i feel lower back and traps on one hams on the other.
how do you do them?:confused:

I've done most styles. Just getting back into dead's due to a few injuries. IMO trap bar deads are the best all around. It's funny, when I don't squat or dl my knee hurts more; gotta love that form of medicine.

Conventional with a mixed over/under grip. I find I don't need to use straps if I do 'em like this.

And yes, SLDL's are primarily a hamstring movement when done correctly, though they do hit the whole posterior chain to some degree.

I know this is a little off-topic, but does anyone else like good mornings for hams? Similar motion to SLDL's, but the bar is placed on your traps. One of my favorites!

As of now I'm doing SLDL after squats, palms facing in and I do notice a big improvement in my hams. Great exercise and wish I started doing them earlier. Now its just finding someone to show me how to do conventional deads.

Top Bottom