Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Dead lift/foot position

k im going to really try n focus on those things, hopfully im fortunate enough to get it recorded again for some comparisons this week end...thanks for the tips guys much appreciated

Video is the best way to check your form becasue YOU get to see it. I can tell you all day long what your are doing wrong to no avail. As soon as you can see it you can correct it.

Also try and get an angle a little more to the side next time. It will help you see how you are utilizing your legs and hips better. Not straight on from the side but about half way between there and where this vid was taken from.

Keep up the good work man and never be afraid to lower the weights to perfect your form. Better form will make your gains be bigger and come faster.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Ok here it is pick me apart... I've gotton some helpfull advise and videos to study from sl already please chime in

YouTube - 405x3

You could get 8+ reps with someone in your face motivating you!

Your first rep looked great. From there on you set up totally differently (partly because of the 10 stupid sided plates they are making you use). Let the bar rest on the floor between reps. You are stiff legging it down to the floor which puts you in THAT position on the way up for the 2nd and 3rd reps.

You have SOOOO much more in your man! I wouldn't be surprised to see you pull 550 in the next couple of months.

In addition to those things:
6. start out closer to the bar (for every inch the bar starts away from your shins you need an extra 40lbs of force to move it)

Agree with everything that you said but this one... I start with the bar about mid foot or farther, sometimes over my toes. And I wear a 16 (50.5) shoe. I set up as close as I can yet ensuring that the bar does not ever touch my shins on the way up. And even that far away...I sometimes end up with a nice scrape on my right shin...

Agree with everything that you said but this one... I start with the bar about mid foot or farther, sometimes over my toes. And I wear a 16 (50.5) shoe. I set up as close as I can yet ensuring that the bar does not ever touch my shins on the way up. And even that far away...I sometimes end up with a nice scrape on my right shin...

I got the 40lb figure from a recent biomechanics study (haven't seen the whole report). I start with the bar almost touching my shin but almost never hit it on the way up. I do somehow hit them on the way down though (really not sure how I accomplish that). I'm right behind you on the shoe size too 14. Also I typically hit my left shin, probably since I pull right hand under.

Cheers,
Scotsman

I agree with the posts saying you have much more in you! and lots of good points in here for you to adjust to. Do your light warmup reps (45,135) quite slow and concentrated, and make sure you execute them exactly the way you want to, which would be the way that is being told on here, dont just blast through them in a hurry to get to the big weights, thats what I often do without realising.

if there is anything wrong with these videos will someone tell me because this is what iv been following for my deadlifts lol ;)

Here is a good video about executing each rep of the deadlift from diesel crew:

And here is a good short video of setting up for the deadlift:

You could get 8+ reps with someone in your face motivating you!

Your first rep looked great. From there on you set up totally differently (partly because of the 10 stupid sided plates they are making you use). Let the bar rest on the floor between reps. You are stiff legging it down to the floor which puts you in THAT position on the way up for the 2nd and 3rd reps.

You have SOOOO much more in your man! I wouldn't be surprised to see you pull 550 in the next couple of months.

Wow! Thanks bro very motivating... Ya the very first thing I noticed watching myself for the first time was that touch n go has to go, deff need to reset between reps. I wish I did have a work out partner to push me... Maybe jus recording it will be what I need, knowing that I'll post it up an u guys will be critiqueing it...

Do you vary your foot position or do you set up exactly the same everytime? I see so
e guys set up with there feet dman near touching the plates....

Yeah I keep it the same.

I had this debate with some guys about Westside barbell. On dynamic days they'd bench with varied grips. BUT for squats and deads it was always the competition stance. So I said why not keep it all the same? Made sense to me.

So yes, my stance for deads is always the same. Especially when going for that big pull. Obviously a sumo stance is different for conventional deadlift.

What position would ideally enable to lift the most when going for a one rep max, if there is such a position?

Wow! Thanks bro very motivating... Ya the very first thing I noticed watching myself for the first time was that touch n go has to go, deff need to reset between reps. I wish I did have a work out partner to push me... Maybe jus recording it will be what I need, knowing that I'll post it up an u guys will be critiqueing it...

Wow I like your new profile pic a lot more than the old ones:D

Top Bottom