Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Dead lift/foot position

Yeah I keep it the same.

I had this debate with some guys about Westside barbell. On dynamic days they'd bench with varied grips. BUT for squats and deads it was always the competition stance. So I said why not keep it all the same? Made sense to me.

So yes, my stance for deads is always the same. Especially when going for that big pull. Obviously a sumo stance is different for conventional deadlift.

They actually max effort box squat with a close stance and to a low or high box. They also do sumo pulls to strengthen the hips...if it is a weakness.

the position that you are most used to...
it might not be a good idea changing up stance and pulling for a max without training in that stance for a while...
...and everyone will be stronger in different stances, so its really somthing you just have to expirament with...

It makes sense and I agree with your logic

but some say that narrow stance would enable you to lift more if you are trained in that way

It makes sense and I agree with your logic

but some say that narrow stance would enable you to lift more if you are trained in that way

Whatever you do will be the most comfortable but I believe sumo style allows you to pull more weight since the bar has less distance to travel? Im not sure tho, ive never done them. I would feel like my groin would snap in half if i ttried pulling 5 plates sumo style

Whatever you do will be the most comfortable but I believe sumo style allows you to pull more weight since the bar has less distance to travel? Im not sure tho, ive never done them. I would feel like my groin would snap in half if i ttried pulling 5 plates sumo style

I am a horrible sumo puller.

Good discussion guys. I'm just starting to Deadlift again after years nursing a back injury. A lot of helpful vids in there. Thanks!

Yea, but I'd bet you's look good doing it. Plus you could just get some of those 6" wide 45 lb bumper plates and load up the bar and make it look like you are pulling 9+.

B-

I have an idea...

Top Bottom