Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Dead lift/foot position

No ryme or reason that's jus what I do, similar on my bench too
hasn't done me to bad I'm 185lbs an bench 340lbs
but hay if u got a strength training routine for me I'm all ears

well yeah quads break the weight from the floor why do yuo do 5 sets of 225 5 sets of 315 then a set of 405 then 5 more sets? hell i just pyramid up i only do 5 sets maximum only 1 real work set...

I'm hoping he meant 5 reps :worried:

I'll prolly get flamed for this by the hardcore motherfuckers, but close stance leg press for sets of 8-15 have helped my deadlift out a lot recently. I'm a squat guy, but for the past few months I've done leg presses religiously after squats. I'm moving some decent weight on the hip sled and leg power and strength off the floor is the best it's ever been and I think the leg press has played a big part in it.

Your DL form was very decent and 405 is a lot of weight. I think one of your problems is your lever lengths. You're what? 5'7"? and I bet you have short arms too, right? The deadlift set up for you will be a lot harder than for a guy like me with a short torso, long legs, and monkey arms lol

Last year when I did deads I would bounce my reps off of the ground and I used straps on my work sets. I changed my form up quite a bit at the start of the year and went to dead stop paused reps and I started using the hook grip as much as possible. At first my strength went down since i wasn't cheating or using straps lol. Eventually my strength caught up and surpassed where I was at this time last year by a lot. Changing your form and getting it dialed in might suck at first, but you will reap the rewards in the long run.

Oh yeah,.... EM's advice about Dl assistance work was spot on as usual :)

Oh I don't discount the kid all he does is study this shit all day, fuker doesn't even have time to clean his room.
An ya I do 225reps takes me abot a hour to do one set lol
but ya I'm going to stop doing the touch in goes, I didn't realize how gay that was till I recorded it...
Going to be a grind getting to were I want to be, my squats I'm only working with 185lbs right now :(

1. Stop touch n go
2. Involve legs to start motion
3. Hips lower
4. Decrease weight?
5. Get arms inline with shoulders to middle of feet

that about it? What about a strentgh routine is mine crap like em said or what?

i didnt say your routine was crap i said its alot of sets. be careful using touch and go with hex plates also. and when concentrating on arm placement make sure they are straight, imagine they are chains or steel rods that just attack you to the bar.

i tidying my room a bit today actually

thast way to many sets..ur burnt out before you go

i do
45 x 10 to get blood flowing
6x 135
6x 225
3x 455
3x 465
3x 475
i only do 3 reps per set and i pyramid..i strained my hip on sep 10th and was out for a month..im slowly bringing the back and legs together..
im hoping by spring ill be 525+ deads and 450+ squats..hitting the hgh on jan 1 to get my tendons redy for the stress :)

thast way to many sets..ur burnt out before you go

i do
45 x 10 to get blood flowing
6x 135
6x 225
3x 455
3x 465
3x 475
i only do 3 reps per set and i pyramid..i strained my hip on sep 10th and was out for a month..im slowly bringing the back and legs together..
im hoping by spring ill be 525+ deads and 450+ squats..hitting the hgh on jan 1 to get my tendons redy for the stress :)
k i deff wouldnt mind a lil less work im pretty spent after doing deads makes the rest of my back work out suck soo

45x10
6x 135
3x 315
3x 365
3x 405

what do you think? is that enough to gain some strength? by the way did you get a chance to view the you tube link and check my form? any corrections i missed id like to know

I couldn't really tell in the video. Only thing I wouldn't do is bounce the weight. That's alot of stress on the joints and muscles.
I'd try that, 3 warm up sets and 3 working sets. When you find ur comfortable weight add 10 lbs to each set and pyramid up. Deads aren't something you want to push. Make sure ur comfortable. Take one weird twist r turn and ur out for a while with injury

Oh I don't discount the kid all he does is study this shit all day, fuker doesn't even have time to clean his room.
An ya I do 225reps takes me abot a hour to do one set lol
but ya I'm going to stop doing the touch in goes, I didn't realize how gay that was till I recorded it...
Going to be a grind getting to were I want to be, my squats I'm only working with 185lbs right now :(

1. Stop touch n go
2. Involve legs to start motion
3. Hips lower
4. Decrease weight?
5. Get arms inline with shoulders to middle of feet

that about it? What about a strentgh routine is mine crap like em said or what?

In addition to those things:
6. start out closer to the bar (for every inch the bar starts away from your shins you need an extra 40lbs of force to move it)
7. Don't pop your hips at the beggining pull smoothly into the bar.
8. Tighten your lats right before you start to pull.
9. Lead up with your chest.
10. Drive your hips forward (you have almost no hip drive).
11. Especially since you aren't using rouhd plates make sure you reset your distance from the bar on every rep since you can't roll the bar back to you.
12. Pull in air at the bottom and tighten your core as much as possible.
13. Move your toes out just slightly, but leave your heels where they are.

Also don't bother with sumo pulls unless you plan on switching your stance completely. They will not help address any of the issue mentioned so far. And as SL said unless you plan on using a suit and squat really wide no purpose in doing them.

Cheers,
Scotsman

k im going to really try n focus on those things, hopfully im fortunate enough to get it recorded again for some comparisons this week end...thanks for the tips guys much appreciated

Top Bottom