Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Corporate BS - how to deal with it

ponyfitness

So a couple of months ago I decided to change jobs from just trainer to manager of trainers, since my company got bought out and they offered me a management spot. It was a good move for me because my income doubled overnight and I like the guys I have working under me and they like me and are doing well.

What I can't stand is the corporate speak and brainwashing this company expects from its people in upper management. I've been around the block enough to know how to manipulate people who expect unrealistic things, but this company is freaking unreal. I was on my first conference call yesterday and felt like busting out laughing several times at the moderator who was all about "having the right conversations" and "moving forward" and other bullshit which was their talk for making people do stuff they don't want to and if they don't you get rid of them.

Anyone else deal with a company that seems to have no clue about actually managing its people, it's all about the front end revenue? Do companies expect the kind of turnover I've seen in the first two months with this place because they burn people out so fast?

ponyfitness said:
So a couple of months ago I decided to change jobs from just trainer to manager of trainers, since my company got bought out and they offered me a management spot. It was a good move for me because my income doubled overnight and I like the guys I have working under me and they like me and are doing well.

What I can't stand is the corporate speak and brainwashing this company expects from its people in upper management. I've been around the block enough to know how to manipulate people who expect unrealistic things, but this company is freaking unreal. I was on my first conference call yesterday and felt like busting out laughing several times at the moderator who was all about "having the right conversations" and "moving forward" and other bullshit which was their talk for making people do stuff they don't want to and if they don't you get rid of them.

Anyone else deal with a company that seems to have no clue about actually managing its people, it's all about the front end revenue? Do companies expect the kind of turnover I've seen in the first two months with this place because they burn people out so fast?

I've never been management for a company like your are talking about, however, I worked for one of THE MOST NOTORIOUS bullshit companies like what you are talking about on the east coast. They were Work Out World and OMG were they the worst. Our particular gym went through managers and trainers more frequently then I went through dates! and that weren't no easy task!! :worried: Didnt matter much if you were the top producer or not, if you didnt do EXACTLY what they wanted you to or they had some other reason to want to get rid of you - you were gone THAT MINUTE.

I want to vomit when I think about it.

There is always one or two people like that in each company. I'm sure that one of them is having a conversation on a similar board about you. It just takes all kinds. :D

Don't deal with it. That's how I deal with it.

ponyfitness said:

if u want to be a corporate cubicle monkey rest of your life - guess u should get used to this.

offices are full of people who do this only for a paycheck. You can't tell me as a kid, your dream was to be a 'trainer of managers'.

and what's worse: office fatties turn around and waste this huge salary by amassing massive debts and big houses. so they're now slaves to that job. increasing stress.

i also work in an office. i have little bills and zero debt and plenty of savings. i'm richer than most of my managers. i have zero stress. and it shows.

r

Razorguns said:
You can't tell me as a kid, your dream was to be a 'trainer of managers'.

my dream was to be an astronaut. . .

. . .who puts on a pair of astronaut diapers and then embarks on a cross-country trip to kill his romantic rival. . .

. . .instead, i ended up being a cpa with a masters degree :nerd:

Razorguns said:
if u want to be a corporate cubicle monkey rest of your life - guess u should get used to this.

offices are full of people who do this only for a paycheck. You can't tell me as a kid, your dream was to be a 'trainer of managers'.

and what's worse: office fatties turn around and waste this huge salary by amassing massive debts and big houses. so they're now slaves to that job. increasing stress.

i also work in an office. i have little bills and zero debt and plenty of savings. i'm richer than most of my managers. i have zero stress. and it shows.

r

You're right. My plan for now is to keep collecting the good paychecks and save as much money as I can. I loved my job when I was a trainer, it was the inconsistency I hated. Just have to find a way to get back to what I really enjoy doing.

Funny though, with these guys who have been totally brainwashed by this corporate culture. I wonder if they ever realize what they are saying and realize how much they have sold out.

Top Bottom