Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

chest day

spatterson said:
Oh someday soon....wanna get past my size plateau. Test-cyp. 16 weeks, maybe? Will play it by ear. VERY low dose. I recently learned that I have naturally high test levels (not REALLY high, but about 1.6 times what I'm supposed to have), and will compensate slightly for that.

Good choice to start with Spatterson.....

Ann..

OMG..When I read that you are lifting 60 lb. dumbells and eying the 70's I almost fell off my chair. That is amazing. I have never even seen a girl at my gym go near those dumbells..I thought I was doing great lifting my 40's.
Geez, I am only benching 105 (flat,bar), but I'm gonna keep pumping to hopefully be able to do my weight by December, 125. That just sounds like way too much to do in in 2 months.
All I have to say is that I will keep reading because you gals pump me up, I would love to got to the gym now, unfortunately I have to work for 8 more hours!!

Awesome gurl...and i fixed your pic!

me...did 130 flat bench 6 reps no spot...but i'm so much bigger than ya'll...5'-9" barefoot....

Jeez, remember when I put up a post 'way back when' about how to get some darn pec mass, with that photo of the woman with those amazing pecs???? I still want those some day, went and checked them just now for some motivation...

Right now I'm working only with dumbbells for presses and using 50's, last week 6,6,4. It would be a big boost to my ego to be able to do a bar press of bodyweight + 20 pounds or so, but I'm afraid that will be a long time coming, not that I'm not willing to work for it, or wait....

And I'm 5'3" 128-130. Recently been working at dropping weight <gasp....the shame, the horror!!!> because I don't feel I can really effectively put on mass with my limited weights and equipment (working out in the garage :bawling: ), so rather than just stagnate, I'm cutting. How's that for warped thinking? When I get back to a real gym, I will re-evaluate...

Phem, you really are coming along very nicely!!!!!! I don't see how some of ya'll can do more on incline than flat bench. Flat bench seems to incorporate more of the pec muscle all around than the incline. I am struggling to build up weight on incline but am doing it slowly but surely. I would go with the straight bar to build strength and mass and free weights to work on the separations and striations (sp?)

You are all phenominal!!!!! Please keep up the progress reports!!!!

Texas Guns

When I worked as a trainer, I found it was quite common for women (especially beginning bbs) to be able to bench more on inclines than flat. While that seems odd to me also, it has to do with the "average" woman having a harder time building pec mass versus deltoid mass. And of course on inclines, you incorporate so much of the deltoid you can power up heavier weights whereas on flat you really need the pec strength.

Of course I think with training, that can be overcome over time, but maybe this post serves as a reminder, when doing flat presses, really try to feel the pecs and not allow the delts or tris to do alot of the work.

But honestly, I am impressed with all these weights.. a lady benching more than 100 for reps is definitely in the top percentage strength wise :)

Ironbuilt

i have a bit of a shoulder problem too... thus i've practically taken inclines out of my routine... i do heavy declines, somewhat heavy flat and really light (if at all) inclines...

do your decline presses gals.... they bring up the mass in the pecs better than anything else :)

Stupid Anterior Delt

I'm a "shoulder bencher" as well. Which hinders my bench progress a lot. Of course, my anterior delts are monsters. :rolleyes: Which isn't necessarily a good thing, but it makes my bicept pose look cool. :D (I don't compeat or anything, I'm just sayin'.)

:fro:

Top Bottom