Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cheapest food with highest calories/protein content?

I'm not going to sugar coat it but I'm a college kid and I don't have much money lol
I'm trying to gain muscle and bulk up
my strategy right now is to eat whatever I can get my hands on. but I also want to keep my protein intake high to get the most bang for my buck
Here is what my diet last week looked like to accomplish this, all suggestions are appreciated
Chicken tenders
Chinese food chicken/rice
Chipotle bowl
chikfilA nuggets
All cost under $8 for large portions
It's great to hear that you're determined to gain muscle and bulk up despite having a limited budget. Your strategy of focusing on high-protein foods is definitely a step in the right direction. Here are a few suggestions to help you optimize your diet while keeping costs low:
  • Focus on whole foods such as lean meats, eggs, fish, legumes, and dairy products.
  • Plan your meals ahead of time and consider preparing meals in bulk.
  • Look for deals and sales to buy staple foods in bulk.
  • Choose cheaper protein sources like chicken breasts, eggs, canned tuna, and protein powder.
  • Include affordable carbohydrate sources like rice, pasta, potatoes, and oats.
  • Incorporate healthy fats from sources like peanut butter, avocados, olive oil, and nuts.
  • Explore plant-based protein sources like beans, lentils, tofu, and tempeh.
  • Utilize frozen fruits and vegetables for added nutrients at a lower cost.
  • Prioritize nutrient-rich foods to support muscle growth and overall health.
  • Consider consulting a nutritionist or dietitian for personalized advice.
Remember, while you're on a budget, it's important to prioritize nutritional value and balance in your meals.

How cheap we talking because you can buy cans of chunk chicken pretty cheap or if you have and Aldi by you best bang for your grocery dollar

I'm not going to sugar coat it but I'm a college kid and I don't have much money lol
I'm trying to gain muscle and bulk up
my strategy right now is to eat whatever I can get my hands on. but I also want to keep my protein intake high to get the most bang for my buck
Here is what my diet last week looked like to accomplish this, all suggestions are appreciated
Chicken tenders
Chinese food chicken/rice
Chipotle bowl
chikfilA nuggets
All cost under $8 for large portions
Best price to protein ratio probably going to be eggs/protein powder(if you buying in bulk) and canned tuna(personal fav). How much weight/lean muscle mass do you have roughly?
Nuggets for example are like one third fat, one third carbs, one third protein(rest are probably even less biased towards protein, making it a decent dirty bulk source, but dunno if it's worth if you're trying to gain relatively more lean mass).
It's great to hear that you're determined to gain muscle and bulk up despite having a limited budget. Your strategy of focusing on high-protein foods is definitely a step in the right direction. Here are a few suggestions to help you optimize your diet while keeping costs low:
  • Focus on whole foods such as lean meats, eggs, fish, legumes, and dairy products.
  • Plan your meals ahead of time and consider preparing meals in bulk.
  • Look for deals and sales to buy staple foods in bulk.
  • Choose cheaper protein sources like chicken breasts, eggs, canned tuna, and protein powder.
  • Include affordable carbohydrate sources like rice, pasta, potatoes, and oats.
  • Incorporate healthy fats from sources like peanut butter, avocados, olive oil, and nuts.
  • Explore plant-based protein sources like beans, lentils, tofu, and tempeh.
  • Utilize frozen fruits and vegetables for added nutrients at a lower cost.
  • Prioritize nutrient-rich foods to support muscle growth and overall health, aswell as healthy amount of cardio(i.e running/biking in your topo athletic shoes).
  • Consider consulting a nutritionist or dietitian for personalized advice.
Remember, while you're on a budget, it's important to prioritize nutritional value and balance in your meals.
Solid advice, but if budget is low I'd say everything plant-based will be out of reach, except maybe beans and lentils(good tofu tends to be tad bit more expensive).

Top Bottom