Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cardio question

bassjj

I,m 35yrs 6-00 232lbs and trying to get down to 210. I recently started doing cardio 7 days a week for 45 minutes daily. Should I be taking a rest day or is the daily thing OK? I've read plenty of posts about rest days when lifting but none about cardio. I really started to like the cardio part of my workout and find myself looking forward to it.
I'm still lifting 5 times a week...and not too worried about losing mass. Really interested in losing the fat.
Thanks...Bass

"I'm still lifting 5 times a week...and not too worried about losing mass."

If you're doing cardio 7 days a week and lifting 5 days, you should be worried about losing mass(muscle mass). Do you have any idea how much cortisol you're probably releasing?

It sounds to me that you need to prioritize. You are more intrested in losing fat. Concentrate on that. Cut back your lifting to 2 days/week(or less) and do cardio for 3-4 days. When you loose the fat you want, cut back on the cardio and readjust your weight workout. Yes, you definately need rest days.

einstein1 thanks for the response.......
When I said I wasn't worried about losing mass I meant: I know i'm going to lose it,,,,just don't care because I really need to trim down.
I've decided to cut the lifting down to 4 times a week high reps low weight etc...
Do you really think 3-4 days of cardio is enough? Maybe I'll do cardio 5 days....but I feel lazy if I'm not in the gym 6 days a week.

I do cardio 7 days a week also. I am 6'2 160. I am afraid that I will put on weight. I dont want to lose my abs. I think I do too much but I feel like shit when I don't do it everyday!

If you really don't care about losing the mass, then stop the weights until you get to the weight you want. Weight training is not the optimal exercise for fat loss. Do the cardio 5 days /week. Shoot for a min of 45 min per session. Don't forget to decrease you calories. Try doing cardio a max of twice/day for 2-3 days.

Top Bottom